Predictions for 2020 Mid Illini

For the civil discussion of large school football.
Rockets 1991
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Predictions for 2020 Mid Illini

Post by Rockets 1991 »

What is everyone's predictions for the 2020 Mid Illini Football Season?

Rockets 1991
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Re: Predictions for 2020 Mid Illini

Post by Rockets 1991 »

I believe that the Mid Illini Football Conference will be very competitive from top to bottom in 2020. Anybody can win on a given night.

MidstateFan
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by MidstateFan »

Depends how many contact days coaches get. If they end up with all 25, they can get their basics installed, even if they're a new coach. If they only get a handful of contact days or none, we're back to the old days and a lot simpler offenses and defenses, at least at the start of the season. The lack of organized weight-lifting will be the biggest problem, as not all will be lifting at home.

Ripple Effect
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by Ripple Effect »

1 Pekin
2 Washington
3 Metamora
4 Dunlap
5 Morton
6 Limestone
7 EP
8 Canton

Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal »

What’s your thoughts on baseball and football switching this school year. It may feel weird but would give a tier one sport a chance.
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy

The Truth Be Told
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by The Truth Be Told »

.As usually is the case teams that come back with a large number of starters especially in the skill positions will have an advantage. Even more so if preseason practice and conditioning is cut or shortened. Those schools in that position (and they are around) are eagerly looking forward and hoping a season actually occurs.

MidstateFan
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by MidstateFan »

The Truth Be Told wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:38 am
.As usually is the case teams that come back with a large number of starters especially in the skill positions will have an advantage. Even more so if preseason practice and conditioning is cut or shortened. Those schools in that position (and they are around) are eagerly looking forward and hoping a season actually occurs.
IHSA has sent plans to the State Health Department that would, with Phase 4 (June 26), allow 20 contact days for the summer and there would be no "dead week" as usual in August. It's hard to tell what the State will allow or when they will release the approval, as it took two weeks to get the last "Return to Practice" step approved. See IHSA website for more info.
With 20 contact days and no dead time, things could be close to normal as far as skill positions go. It will be harder to get the linemen in good shape if there's restrictions on contact with dummies or live.
There's less than two months until the usual start of practice. I have no idea what's going to happen.

The Truth Be Told

MidstateFan wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:37 pm
The Truth Be Told wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:38 am
IHSA has sent plans to the State Health Department that would, with Phase 4 (June 26), allow 20 contact days for the summer and there would be no "dead week" as usual in August. It's hard to tell what the State will allow or when they will release the approval, as it took two weeks to get the last "Return to Practice" step approved. See IHSA website for more info.
With 20 contact days and no dead time, things could be close to normal as far as skill positions go. It will be harder to get the linemen in good shape if there's restrictions on contact with dummies or live.
There's less than two months until the usual start of practice. I have no idea what's going to happen.
.The latest I suppose....

https://wrmj.com/wrmj-interview-up-agai ... -illinois/

superfan309

Post by superfan309 »

Cristobal wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:22 am
What’s your thoughts on baseball and football switching this school year. It may feel weird but would give a tier one sport a chance.
This has to happen. Fall football IMO is 95% off. If it's on and multiple kids get diagnosed positive it is going to be an unfortunate row of dominoes. Debby downer I know. Hope I am wrong.

The baseball kids will be raring to go.

MidstateFan
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by MidstateFan »

IHSA director in one of his interviews says that switching has been considered, but there's a lot of logistical problems, so I don't think that will happen. Golf is really the only fall sport where you can keep social distance and even then, when you have tournaments, you have more than the 50 people limit. The way the virus is flaring up now (when I thought it would be fizzling out), makes everything for fall very uncertain.

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

Great article in today’s PJS on Health experts revising the rules again. I am in agreement with Washington head coach. You need to give it more than two days with this age group. Must be real frustrating for any coach. What health experts don’t look at is what these kids are doing if they don’t have these workouts as an outlet. Isolation has not worked.
go cubs go!

94 Knight
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by 94 Knight »

This may come to a shock to some but high school sports is not the #1 concern right now. Isolation works when.....people "actually" isolate. Attending large gatherings isn't isolating. As far as the Washington coach goes, the concern isnt just fatality for "this age group" it's these kids spreading it to at risk parents, or grandparents. Adults need to grow up and realize 10 year old girls softball or boys basketball camp getting canceled isn't the end of the world. Professional sports were shut down, NCAA tourney was shut down, college football is in serious jeopardy right now. We are going to end up with kids far worse than the Millenials if anyone thinks 10 year old girls softball being canceled is the end of the world.

MidstateFan
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by MidstateFan »

Local school hadn't started contact days yet (They were supposed to start July 13 and just for fall sports. I suppose they will start with the new rules.) But the local rec department had a 12-game baseball tournament for 15-16 year-olds last week from Thursday-Saturday on one field. There is no consistency at all.

You know, we can have fall sports without spending all summer preparing for them. We used to do it, before the IHSA mandated the 25 contact days. If things are relatively safe on Aug. 10, start practice and you'll still have nearly three weeks to prepare for the season. I don't know what will happen, but it's best to be flexible. I want fall sports to happen. I didn't get to coach track this spring for the first time in over 40 years. It was not fun and I don't want any other coach or athlete to have to deal with a cancelled season.

Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan »

The kids are already getting together and seeing each other, working jobs, etc. A lack of organized, outdoor practices or activities is stopping nothing.
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32

The Truth Be Told

.Craig Anderson from the Ihsa yesterday. The last six minutes go into football.

https://www.channel1450.com/episode/ihs ... ringfield/

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

There is no IHSA anymore as I see it. Bowed to pressure. As I see it they will have little say on what happens anymore to IHSA sports. Like everything else, it will become political and run by Springfield. Unfortunate.
go cubs go!

Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 »

deejay wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 4:19 pm
There is no IHSA anymore as I see it. Bowed to pressure. As I see it they will have little say on what happens anymore to IHSA sports. Like everything else, it will become political and run by Springfield. Unfortunate.
Yeah ensuring public health and safety really is a terribly political thing, isn't it?

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicag ... utType=amp

“Sports Camps and Social Gatherings”

Seems as if it is really the social gatherings. The timing of this looks like the camps didn’t cause this but it’s number one in the headline.
Has Kathy Griffin been arrested?
What a talentless, attention starved person.

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

IHSA discussing ...

Winter Sports - January, February
Fall Sports - March, April
Spring Sports - May, June

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7chicag ... s/6318080/

"I'm also deeply troubled by outbreaks that we're seeing all around the state tied to activities like youth sports like in Lake Zurich where dozens of students and parents and tested positive," said Governor JB Pritzker at his news conference on the status of COVID-19 in Illinois Wednesday.

Why is Pritzker trying to disparage sports camps when passing of COVID19 likely occurred during social gatherings (parties).

Bresquire

Post by Bresquire »

illini25 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:14 am
IHSA discussing ...

Where did you find or hear this one? I do like it...
Respect the stripes!

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

Bresquire wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:47 am
illini25 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:14 am
IHSA discussing ...

Where did you find or hear this one? I do like it...
Told to me by a couple ADs.

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

IHSA board meeting 7/22. Look for more fall guidance after meeting. At this point IHSA’s hands are somewhat tied by state and IDPH.

net
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by net »

deejay wrote:
run by springfield? huh? are you talking about our governor who spends less time in springfield than blago, the jail bird?

Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 »

net wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:16 pm
deejay wrote:
run by springfield? huh? are you talking about our governor who spends less time in springfield than blago, the jail bird?
Actually before the pandemic he was spending a lot more time in Springfield than Blago ever did. Heck probably more than Quinn did.