Evansville

BradleyHoops.com: For the civil discussion of Bradley University men's basketball
Post Reply
User avatar
JDraeger
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:56 pm

Evansville

Post by JDraeger »

User avatar
tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 26658
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:00 pm

Re: Evansville

Post by tribecalledquest »

JDraeger wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:18 pm
Awesome timing.
"When the speech condemns a free press, you are hearing the words of a tyrant."
~Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
JDraeger
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:56 pm

Re: Evansville

Post by JDraeger »

tribecalledquest wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:19 pm
JDraeger wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:18 pm
Awesome timing.
Kids can't transfer now. Coaches have almost no shot at jobs.
User avatar
tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 26658
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:00 pm

Re: Evansville

Post by tribecalledquest »

JDraeger wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:22 pm
tribecalledquest wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:19 pm
JDraeger wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:18 pm
Awesome timing.
Kids can't transfer now. Coaches have almost no shot at jobs.
There is a rule that players can transfer up until July 1 if there is a coaching change. At least they have that. But the staff is screwed.
"When the speech condemns a free press, you are hearing the words of a tyrant."
~Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 12109
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:56 pm

Re: Evansville

Post by Braves4Life »

This is just typical of EU and indicates to me that they're not serious about staying in D1, and if they are this sure is a funny way of showing it. Just a bush league move all the way around.
Image
User avatar
tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 26658
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:00 pm

Re: Evansville

Post by tribecalledquest »

Braves4Life wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:57 pm This is just typical of EU and indicates to me that they're not serious about staying in D1, and if they are this sure is a funny way of showing it. Just a bush league move all the way around.
I also think maybe they said "we are sick of ***" and found someone to pour some money into it.

Look - they were going to finish 11th or 12th with Lickliter - why not just get rid of him and let someone else get started?
"When the speech condemns a free press, you are hearing the words of a tyrant."
~Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 12109
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:56 pm

Re: Evansville

Post by Braves4Life »

tribecalledquest wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:04 pm
Braves4Life wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:57 pm This is just typical of EU and indicates to me that they're not serious about staying in D1, and if they are this sure is a funny way of showing it. Just a bush league move all the way around.
I also think maybe they said "we are sick of ***" and found someone to pour some money into it.

Look - they were going to finish 11th or 12th with Lickliter - why not just get rid of him and let someone else get started?
Just seems like it's p!ss poor timing when it could have/should have been done in March. But maybe you're right. Maybe they found a benefactor or two to provide the funding to go after a specific person and begin a fresh start. If this is the case I applaud them for doing it.
Image
User avatar
MissouriValleyUnite
Platinum Poster (1000 posts)
Platinum Poster (1000 posts)
Posts: 1254
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 11:23 am

Re: Evansville

Post by MissouriValleyUnite »

The timing is now because they just hired a new AD.
OrangeandBlack74
Diamond Poster (1500 posts)
Diamond Poster (1500 posts)
Posts: 1701
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2003 8:32 am
Location: East Peoria/Peoria

Re: Evansville

Post by OrangeandBlack74 »

Apparently Tom Crean is being considered for the head coaching job at Evansville.
Once a Brave...Always a Brave
BUFanatic
Platinum Poster (1000 posts)
Platinum Poster (1000 posts)
Posts: 1167
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: Evansville

Post by BUFanatic »

OrangeandBlack74 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:21 pm Apparently Tom Crean is being considered for the head coaching job at Evansville.
🤣🤣🤣…. But seriously if they get Crean after his stint at IU I’m not sure that says more about the Valley or Crean.
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your hearts and you'll never walk alone, you'll never walk alone! One day soon we'll be back.
User avatar
Butler Blue
Grand Master
Grand Master
Posts: 2307
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:41 pm

Re: Evansville

Post by Butler Blue »

MissouriValleyUnite wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 4:04 pm The timing is now because they just hired a new AD.
And the University rolled out a $125 million fundraising campaign last week. My guess is that a few of the people with deep pockets also had opinions about the basketball program.
User avatar
Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 12109
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:56 pm

Re: Evansville

Post by Braves4Life »

Butler Blue wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:58 am
MissouriValleyUnite wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 4:04 pm The timing is now because they just hired a new AD.
And the University rolled out a $125 million fundraising campaign last week. My guess is that a few of the people with deep pockets also had opinions about the basketball program.
That's great, and I'd love to see an Evansville that somewhat resembles their D2 glory days. Tom Crean gets a bad rap IMO... I think he'd be a home run for that program.
Image
User avatar
Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 20878
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:40 pm

Re: Evansville

Post by Bluejaygrad03 »

Not a blue checkmark so take it for what it's worth:

User avatar
Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 12109
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:56 pm

Re: Evansville

Post by Braves4Life »

I would imagine that Crean is that third name, but I believe McCollum will be their guy. He'd be a good hire for EU.
Image
User avatar
pndbaseball12
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 6156
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:15 pm
Location: Columbia, MO

Re: Evansville

Post by pndbaseball12 »

Braves4Life wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:19 pm I would imagine that Crean is that third name, but I believe McCollum will be their guy. He'd be a good hire for EU.
I agree. Back to back Nattys at NW Mo St. Not much else to prove at that level. Wouldn’t be surprised if Hudgins follows him to Evansville as well if he is in fact their guy.
The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a mans determination
-Tommy Lasorda
User avatar
illini25
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 11228
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:09 am

Re: Evansville

Post by illini25 »

Braves4Life wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:06 am
Butler Blue wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 6:58 am
MissouriValleyUnite wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 4:04 pm The timing is now because they just hired a new AD.
And the University rolled out a $125 million fundraising campaign last week. My guess is that a few of the people with deep pockets also had opinions about the basketball program.
That's great, and I'd love to see an Evansville that somewhat resembles their D2 glory days. Tom Crean gets a bad rap IMO... I think he'd be a home run for that program.
Agree 💯 on Crean. Know someone who played for him and they always speak highly of him.

D2 days. You remember those? B4L, how old are you? :P
Music loud and women warm
I've been kicked around since I was born
And now it's all right, it's okay
And you may look the other way
We can try to understand
The New York Times' effect on man
User avatar
Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 12109
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:56 pm

Re: Evansville

Post by Braves4Life »

illini25 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:40 pm
D2 days. You remember those? B4L, how old are you? :P
I'm pretty old, but I think I know someone who's older. :roll: ;) :lol:
Image
User avatar
illini25
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 11228
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2003 12:09 am

Re: Evansville

Post by illini25 »

Braves4Life wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:56 pm
illini25 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:40 pm
D2 days. You remember those? B4L, how old are you? :P
I'm pretty old, but I think I know someone who's older. :roll: ;) :lol:
Touché
Music loud and women warm
I've been kicked around since I was born
And now it's all right, it's okay
And you may look the other way
We can try to understand
The New York Times' effect on man
spoon
Platinum Poster (1000 posts)
Platinum Poster (1000 posts)
Posts: 1010
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:44 pm
Location: East Coast

Re: Evansville

Post by spoon »

User avatar
MissouriValleyUnite
Platinum Poster (1000 posts)
Platinum Poster (1000 posts)
Posts: 1254
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 11:23 am

Re: Evansville

Post by MissouriValleyUnite »

I’d bet on Hinson or Lansing making Evansville respectable before I’d bet on Ragland.

If Ragland was the best you could get, I would’ve waited until next March.

I hope he does well.
Post Reply