Washington Coach Brown

For the civil discussion of large school boys basketball.
JD
All Universe
All Universe

Washington Coach Brown

Post by JD »

Apparently tonight's school board meeting includes executive session with statements for and against him.

“Is a dream a lie when it don’t come true, or is it something worse?”
buddyholly
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Re: Washington Coach Brown

Post by buddyholly »

You would have to be an idiot to want Brown gone
JD
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JD »

Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie »

buddyholly wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 9:38 pm You would have to be an idiot to want Brown gone
Depends what the issue with him is.
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher
JD
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JD »

Reggie wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 10:34 pm
buddyholly wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 9:38 pm You would have to be an idiot to want Brown gone
Apparently it's not new
Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie »

JD wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 10:37 pm
Reggie wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 10:34 pm
Apparently it's not new
So is it a case of the wrong person/family being scorned? We have seen that movie before.
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher
buddyholly
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by buddyholly »

Sounds like a few whiners and crybabies to me
JD
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JD »

O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 »

No secret on his coaching style. But still kids transfer in to play for him because his teams win. I can see both sides but he definitely prepares kids for college coaches and dealing with tough bosses.
I read the back of the Book, You lose.
JD
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JD »

No matter the result, this is not good.
JMM28
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JMM28 »

JD wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 8:43 am No matter the result, this is not good.

I think Brown is overrated by a lot of folks in this area. I also think that if you show me a high school basketball coach who never yells or gets mad, I could show you a coach who isn't worth a ****.
Avidhoops5
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Avidhoops5 »

Nothing wrong with players being coached hard, pushed, and held accountable. Dealing with difficult and adverse situations can help develop character, leadership, and confidence. However, there is something wrong if that involves verbal abuse, physical intimidation, and mind games. No one should be brainwashed in to thinking that type of treatment is okay. Regardless of the win/loss column we are still talking about 14-17 year old kids and at the end of the day their well-being should be the school district's main priority.
I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
Alexander the Great
O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 »

JMM28 wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 8:55 am
JD wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 8:43 am No matter the result, this is not good.

I think Brown is overrated by a lot of folks in this area. I also think that if you show me a high school basketball coach who never yells or gets mad, I could show you a coach who isn't worth a ****.
An almost 79% win percentage over the last 13 years is overrated?
TheHouse
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by TheHouse »

Not a basketball guy at all. I'm so tired of the sissification going on. Toughen up or go find something else to do. Sports is about discipline, hard work, and learning to deal with a rank system. Guess what that coach is in charge and is teaching those kids how to deal with adverse situations. If a coach got on me I didn't dare go home and cry about it, I figured out what I was doing wrong and worked to get better. But hey maybe that's why I went on to play D1 and be successful in other tough situations
Whoa
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Whoa »

This is bout playing time!!!!!! The accusations are just a cover for the real reason why those parents are doing this. You don't wait til the end of a season to address abuse if it were truly an issue. It's ^^!!! The ring leader visit this site and reads all your comments...I fully support Coach Brown. Hey the opposition has a lot of holes in their story. Bad parenting is the root of this. His support outnumbered them easily! & I did my best to poke holes in their claims and expose them for trying to ruin a great person.
Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal »

Whoa wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 10:24 am This is bout playing time!!!!!! The accusations are just a cover for the real reason why those parents are doing this. You don't wait til the end of a season to address abuse if it were truly an issue. It's ^^!!! The ring leader visit this site and reads all your comments...I fully support Coach Brown. Hey the opposition has a lot of holes in their story. Bad parenting is the root of this. His support outnumbered them easily! & I did my best to poke holes in their claims and expose them for trying to ruin a great person.
I believe this to be more than playing time. And yes, Coach Brown is a great coach. If it's what I'm thinking, this board will have a lot to talk about real soon. Just sitting back and waiting for someone to add the missing information to this.
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy
Crabbyparent
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by Crabbyparent »

I am hoping these parents plan on applying or the job the next time it opens up, since they seem to know EVERYTHING about coaching!

Maybe coaches should go to their employees and protest about them and talk about them in the press and public because they don't agree with them...

You wonder why coaches get out of coaching and it is getting harder to find good teachers...teaching and coaching are not respected professions anymore...

All these parents are teaching their kids is... if you yell and complain loud enough you will get your way...

If things are that bad, then address them right away and during the season...how does an AD or administration allow this to get this far?
spk2me
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by spk2me »

I'll tell you exactly how this happens. The current superintendent is a spineless, ineffective leader. Parents complain and throw out false accusations and get away with it. Instead of telling the parents to back off, the administration let it spiral out of control. The AD is also ineffective (won't go into the reasons here). Luckily, he has a great secretary that runs the show and makes him look like a star, in most situations. Good luck to the offspring of these whiners. In the real world, and at the collegiate level, Coach Brown looks like a teddy bear.
Whoa
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Whoa »

DCFS did their investigation...physical and verbal abuse not founded! How do I know they called me! They talked to my son! It should be a dead issue. Then the paper says not enough evidence. That's a lie there was no evidence. Those parents want Brown fired plain and simple. Brown didn't change overnight he been the same. Last year there wasn't discontent. January changed all that when certain kids playing time and shots got an needed adjustment. So they create this drama. There some really good juicy stories in between all this. How these parents came together on this is even more interesting. I've had conversation with every one of them. The leader of the group has had this plotted for quit some time.
JD
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JD »

Please be sure to stay civil and only post facts.
O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 »

Seems the support is for Brown on social media and from what I hear in the majority of the student body is supporting him over their fellow students.
buddyholly
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by buddyholly »

45 WCHS teachers attended the school board meeting in support of Brown. That has to help him. The way it's going I just don't see them firing him. Seems like a few people just trying to cause trouble for whatever reason.
Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal »

Let's see if this post gets deleted as well.

Couch Brown will be here next year. The question is, who will stay loyal to him after everything he has done for them and who will jump ship and move to Metamora.

Has anyone watched the Friday Night Lights television series? This all reminds me of the season when Coach Taylor was removed from his head coach position.
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy
O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 »

Hard to stay after what they are attempting to do. The bed has been made.
JD
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JD »

Most on twitter have been supportive. A FB post by former players mom, not so much.

This is bizarre