For the civil discussion of pro sports
JDraeger
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Firings

Post by JDraeger »

So...

Nagy, Flores, Zimmer.

Explain to me the Flores firing. What the hell is that about?

The GM traded up, passed on Herbert for Tua, and now you fire the coach? On back to back winning seasons with Tua and Fitzpatrick as QBs???
bigdaddystuck
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Re: Firings

Post by bigdaddystuck »

My guess is that they have a coach in mind, like Harbaugh, that they want to go after.
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you've got to have is faith and discipline when you're not yet a winner.
Vince Lombardi
Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan »

bigdaddystuck wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:59 am My guess is that they have a coach in mind, like Harbaugh, that they want to go after.
This will happen because the denial was issued. Also, Harbaugh put the NFL out there publicly. If he was using it as a $$$ ploy for Michigan, it risks scaring away recruits.
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32

Not every Redbird means ISU. Seriously just like every Braves doesn't mean the Atlanta Braves
Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 »

Redbird CC Fan wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:06 am
bigdaddystuck wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:59 am My guess is that they have a coach in mind, like Harbaugh, that they want to go after.
This will happen because the denial was issued. Also, Harbaugh put the NFL out there publicly. If he was using it as a $$$ ploy for Michigan, it risks scaring away recruits.
Dolphins owner Stephen Ross, who is a huge benefactor at Michigan, has already said he's not going to hire Harbaugh. He said he doesn't want to be the person to take Harbaugh from Michigan and hopes he stays there.
Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 »

Pace and Spielman also out as GMs in Chicago and Minnesota. Gettleman retiring with the Giants though I'm guessing he may have been told he would be fired if he didn't retire.
Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan »

Bluejaygrad03 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:47 pm
Redbird CC Fan wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:06 am
Dolphins owner Stephen Ross, who is a huge benefactor at Michigan, has already said he's not going to hire Harbaugh. He said he doesn't want to be the person to take Harbaugh from Michigan and hopes he stays there.
Yep... Let's see.

Not every Redbird means ISU. Seriously just like every Braves doesn't mean the Atlanta Braves
bigdaddystuck
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by bigdaddystuck »

But if Harbaugh is putting it out there that he wants to return to the NFL, why wouldn't Ross then throw his offer out there?
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you've got to have is faith and discipline when you're not yet a winner.
Vince Lombardi
JDraeger
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by JDraeger »

bigdaddystuck wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:15 am But if Harbaugh is putting it out there that he wants to return to the NFL, why wouldn't Ross then throw his offer out there?
I heard this last night as well. Ross might go after him IF he know Jim wants to leave anyway.
Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan »

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tribecalledquest »

Redbird CC Fan wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:12 pm Talk about getting a bum deal..

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/330 ... one-season
Brutal. You no longer have your best offensive player and your best defensive player - but we expect you to win anyway .
"When the speech condemns a free press, you are hearing the words of a tyrant."
~Thomas Jefferson
bigdaddystuck
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by bigdaddystuck »

I have to believe the 2 worst job openings would be in Miami and the Texans. I know someone will take those jobs but I'd be surprised if they get the cream of the crop to go there. 1 year and you get fired? Back to back winning seasons and an 8 game winning streak and you get fired? BRUTAL!
Vince Lombardi
Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan »

Flores hamstrung the Dolphins pursing a trade for the Texans' Watson. Watch for this trade to happen now.

Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 »

Redbird CC Fan wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:01 am Flores hamstrung the Dolphins pursing a trade for the Texans' Watson. Watch for this trade to happen now.
I'd expect the opposite to be honest. Reportedly Flores wanted Deshaun and the Dolphins GM didn't see it the same way.
Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan »

Bluejaygrad03 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:05 pm
Redbird CC Fan wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:01 am Flores hamstrung the Dolphins pursing a trade for the Texans' Watson. Watch for this trade to happen now.
I'd expect the opposite to be honest. Reportedly Flores wanted Deshaun and the Dolphins GM didn't see it the same way.
Yeah, my bad had that reversed seemingly.

https://phinphanatic.com/2022/01/14/mia ... un-watson/

Seems like Flores was a bit of an ***.

Smik
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Smik »

McCarthy gonna McCarthy. How soon does Jerruh drop the hammer on him?
Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan »

Raiders fire GM Mayock after 3 seasons.

Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 »

Smik wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:09 pm McCarthy gonna McCarthy. How soon does Jerruh drop the hammer on him?
I have much more appreciation now for Rodgers winning a Super Bowl in spite of McCarthy.
Butler Blue
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by Butler Blue »

Bluejaygrad03 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:07 pm
Smik wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:09 pm McCarthy gonna McCarthy. How soon does Jerruh drop the hammer on him?
I have much more appreciation now for Rodgers winning a Super Bowl in spite of McCarthy.
As a Bears fan, I believe that was the universe balancing everything out. You don't get 30 years of Hall of Fame quarterback play AND great coaching.
bigdaddystuck
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by bigdaddystuck »

I just saw on Twitter that Harbaugh would take the Raiders job if it was offered. Interesting.
Vince Lombardi