Chicago Bears 2020

For the civil discussion of pro sports
tombs14
All Universe
All Universe

Re: Chicago Bears 2020

Post by tombs14 »

JFC....Pagano was the least of the issues. Sure he wasn't great, but how else is the defense supposed to play, and then wear down when the Time of Possession is 75/25 every effing game, because the Offense is JFL.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Hypocrisy is their playbook. Rules for thee, and not for me.
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... ney-record
soccerforever
All Universe
All Universe

Post by soccerforever »

tombs14 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:53 pm JFC....Pagano was the least of the issues. Sure he wasn't great, but how else is the defense supposed to play, and then wear down when the Time of Possession is 75/25 every effing game, because the Offense is JFL.
I agree with this comment. I would have a hard time believing the Bears were going to fire him. The report is also saying Nagy and Pace are safe. I guess they will be fired together at the end of next year.
roadtrip wrote:
What is an ELO rating
Dogsrus
It's based on if you liked or didn't like their music...
Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan »

Hopefully not health related as Pagano had cancer. Outside of health, I think Pagano left because Nagy is a dbag who won't take accountability for a terrible offense. After the defense has far out played the offense throughout Nagy's tenure, the first cracks in that defense and Nagy has the gall to call out the defense in the post game press conference? Can't be that fun to coach the defense when you know you have to be perfect or your team will lose most games and your boss (head coach) will throw you under the bus.
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32
JMM28
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JMM28 »

Redbird CC Fan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:45 pm Hopefully not health related as Pagano had cancer. Outside of health, I think Pagano left because Nagy is a dbag who won't take accountability for a terrible offense. After the defense has far out played the offense throughout Nagy's tenure, the first cracks in that defense and Nagy has the gall to call out the defense in the post game press conference? Can't be that fun to coach the defense when you know you have to be perfect or your team will lose most games and your boss (head coach) will throw you under the bus.
Pagano took a top 5 defense and turned it into a top 20 defense. He was awful. He isn’t retiring. The bears were just nice and let him have that instead of what they should have done. Load him into a cannon and launch him into Lake Michigan. Bum.
jim beam
All Universe
All Universe

Post by jim beam »

JMM28 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:37 am
Redbird CC Fan wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:45 pm Hopefully not health related as Pagano had cancer. Outside of health, I think Pagano left because Nagy is a dbag who won't take accountability for a terrible offense. After the defense has far out played the offense throughout Nagy's tenure, the first cracks in that defense and Nagy has the gall to call out the defense in the post game press conference? Can't be that fun to coach the defense when you know you have to be perfect or your team will lose most games and your boss (head coach) will throw you under the bus.
Pagano took a top 5 defense and turned it into a top 20 defense. He was awful. He isn’t retiring. The bears were just nice and let him have that instead of what they should have done. Load him into a cannon and launch him into Lake Michigan. Bum.
I cant tell, are you ok with Pagano stepping down?
Thanks J.J. for what I consider sound advice!
Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan »

Pagano was DC for the 2019 and 2020 seasons.

Bears defensive ranks last 5 seasons:
2020 - 14th
2019 - 4th
2018 - 1st
2017 - 9th
2016 - 24th

Does the 2016 rank mean Fangio couldn't coach? Of course it doesn't. Just like the 2020 ranking doesn't mean that Pagano can't coach particularly when a large part in the drop in 2020 rankings was based on that 3 or 4 game stretch where the defense struggled. They also had some injuries and player turnover this year.

I didn't get a chance to cross reference, but the defense rankings seem to align with the Bears offensive rankings. They peaked in Nagy's first year when the Bears played their weakest schedule, the offense was surprisingly good, they stayed very healthy, and 2018 was Mack's first Bears season playing at his very best.

Was Pagano untouchable or the best DC in the league, no. But as others mentioned the defense was and has been low on the list of Bears issues.
illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

Mike Radigan wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:34 pm
Redbird CC Fan wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:31 pm
Mike Radigan wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:06 pm

All the more reason to sell. I’m no tax expert but I think her death would force her heirs to sell as they do not have the funds to pay estate taxes.
I am not a tax expert, but it is highly unlikely any estate taxes would be involved. I am sure there is a trust or corporate entity and that upon death the shares get stepped up to a modern basis. Taxes would only come into play on the sale of the franchise.
Dems have already stated elimination of the step up basis is on their radar.
I’ve discussed this very topic with Steve Bannon and ... :P
Congressional Budget Office
National $15 Minimum Wage will cost 4MM jobs.

Brilliant! Add those to the 11,000 Keystone Pipeline jobs Biden killed in week one.
JMM28
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JMM28 »

Redbird CC Fan wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:50 am Pagano was DC for the 2019 and 2020 seasons.

Bears defensive ranks last 5 seasons:
2020 - 14th
2019 - 4th
2018 - 1st
2017 - 9th
2016 - 24th

Does the 2016 rank mean Fangio couldn't coach? Of course it doesn't. Just like the 2020 ranking doesn't mean that Pagano can't coach particularly when a large part in the drop in 2020 rankings was based on that 3 or 4 game stretch where the defense struggled. They also had some injuries and player turnover this year.

I didn't get a chance to cross reference, but the defense rankings seem to align with the Bears offensive rankings. They peaked in Nagy's first year when the Bears played their weakest schedule, the offense was surprisingly good, they stayed very healthy, and 2018 was Mack's first Bears season playing at his very best.

Was Pagano untouchable or the best DC in the league, no. But as others mentioned the defense was and has been low on the list of Bears issues.
Well I’d say those numbers show one DC who knows how to improve a defense and another who knows how to destroy a defense.

The defense got a free pass all year, and probably a lot of years in Chicago, because the offense was so lackluster. Sure there is some causation if there’s a huge time of possession gap like the NO game. But overall Pagano took a top flight D and schemed them into a mediocre D.

And for that they should load him into the Virginia McCaskey memorial cannon and fire him into Lake Michigan. #chuckstrong.
Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 »

If you wanna be insulted as a Bears fan, just listen to these pressers from today from George McCaskey and Ted Phillips and then Pace and Nagy:

Butler Blue
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by Butler Blue »

tombs14 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:53 pm JFC....Pagano was the least of the issues. Sure he wasn't great, but how else is the defense supposed to play, and then wear down when the Time of Possession is 75/25 every effing game, because the Offense is JFL.
The Bears were actually a 50/50 proposition on time of possession this year. That wasn't the defense's issue. Their biggest issue was scheme. 1. When you're spending $38 million on 2 dudes to rush the quarterback, they should never be dropping into coverage. 2. All year long, teams were able to ISO their top receiver on a linebacker (usually Trevathan) by lining them up in the slot.
deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

Listening to 670 today, Mitch was thrown under the bus at the presser. Seems as if he mentioned the culture of the team as to why we have players who all they want to do is throw punches. With Pace still with this team I am not sure if and when this team will ever get better.
go cubs go!
Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan »

The main takeaway, no one will confirm when Pace or Nagy's contract actually ends.

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/lists/ch ... nferences/
Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 »

Redbird CC Fan wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:03 pm The main takeaway, no one will confirm when Pace or Nagy's contract actually ends.

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/lists/ch ... nferences/
As far as I knew, Pace's contract ends after the 2021 season and Nagy's ends the year after that.
Mike Radigan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Mike Radigan »

The dropped pass made number 3 on ESPN's Not Top 10 today.
Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan »

Pace now looking to trade for Watson after not even interviewing him during draft process, however he expects Texans to throw in a second rounder if they want Mitch.
Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 »

Another Bears assistant heading out. Looks like D-line coach Jay Rodgers (who appeared to be one of the favorites to replace Pagano as DC) is heading to L.A. to join Brandon Staley's staff with the Chargers.