Mike Radigan
All Universe
All Universe

Re: Chicago Cubs 2020

Post by Mike Radigan »

squirrel wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:48 pm
How is it Mike?
Really good. Not that it is a desired talent, but he could really drink.
#girldad

tombs14
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tombs14 »

Illinois native Winkler looking like hot garbage in his debut.

Mike Radigan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Mike Radigan »

Magic Number is 55.
#girldad

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

Early on, bats are really good, starting pitching ok, but bullpen is really bad. Cure is a short season. Yeah!
go cubs go!

soccerforever
All Universe
All Universe

Post by soccerforever »

deejay wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:18 pm
Early on, bats are really good, starting pitching ok, but bullpen is really bad. Cure is a short season. Yeah!
I agree with your post, except starting pitching ok? It is the biggest reason they aren’t 1-4. As you said the bullpen has been horrible and the bottom of the order has been surprisingly good at putting the ball in play. I still haven’t watched an entire game yet. I hit a few inning and then catch a few inning later in the game. Just haven’t caught the fever I normally have since 1968. I think it is because I don’t believe the season will be played in its entirety and I also think the 16 team playoff is a joke. I know it is a money move but when I hear people in the Cubs organization thinking they might be able to get around 7000 people in the stands by September 1st, I have to wonder if they have been keeping up with news in the US.
roadtrip wrote:
What is an ELO rating
Dogsrus
It's based on if you liked or didn't like their music...

squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Post by squirrel »

Mike Radigan wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:37 am
Magic Number is 55.
:lol:
"[. . .] and it would be foolish to gobble up sliders when there’s a steak hidden in the fridge." -Kirk Wessler

squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Post by squirrel »

soccerforever wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:15 pm
deejay wrote:
I agree with your post, except starting pitching ok? It is the biggest reason they aren’t 1-4. As you said the bullpen has been horrible and the bottom of the order has been surprisingly good at putting the ball in play. I still haven’t watched an entire game yet. I hit a few inning and then catch a few inning later in the game. Just haven’t caught the fever I normally have since 1968. I think it is because I don’t believe the season will be played in its entirety and I also think the 16 team playoff is a joke. I know it is a money move but when I hear people in the Cubs organization thinking they might be able to get around 7000 people in the stands by September 1st, I have to wonder if they have been keeping up with news in the US.
I am not crazy about the 16-team playoff, either, but in a way, it serves as a better equalizer/determinant over a short season. In a sense, the first round will basically be a virtual extension of the regular season or a kind of play-in round.

But MLB will do whatever it takes to get the season in, because they can basically trial what they want to do in the future: Reduce the regular season by almost 1/3, and expand the playoffs. . .so they basically are getting to pilot that here.
"[. . .] and it would be foolish to gobble up sliders when there’s a steak hidden in the fridge." -Kirk Wessler

soccerforever
All Universe
All Universe

Post by soccerforever »

squirrel wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:21 pm
soccerforever wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:15 pm
deejay wrote:
I am not crazy about the 16-team playoff, either, but in a way, it serves as a better equalizer/determinant over a short season. In a sense, the first round will basically be a virtual extension of the regular season or a kind of play-in round.

But MLB will do whatever it takes to get the season in, because they can basically trial what they want to do in the future: Reduce the regular season by almost 1/3, and expand the playoffs. . .so they basically are getting to pilot that here.
I do understand that want to test things for future reference, especially with the battle ahead after the 2021 season. I just think in some areas they over did it. I have finally surrendered and will accept and enjoy a DH when it happens.
roadtrip wrote:
What is an ELO rating
Dogsrus

soccerforever
All Universe
All Universe

Post by soccerforever »

squirrel wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:18 pm
Mike Radigan wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:37 am
Magic Number is 55.
That is about what I did.
roadtrip wrote:
What is an ELO rating
Dogsrus

soccerforever
All Universe
All Universe

Post by soccerforever »

deejay wrote:
Early on, bats are really good, starting pitching ok, but bullpen is HORRIBLE. Cure is a short season. Yeah!
I hope you do not mind that I changed one word in your post. Score 5 runs and are still down 4 because no one in the bullpen can get anyone out.
roadtrip wrote:
What is an ELO rating
Dogsrus

squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Post by squirrel »

Small sample size disclaimer. But, woof:

Mike Radigan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Mike Radigan »

Ah, we got good Darvish last night. But the bullpen is minor league and the Kimbrel experiment should end.
#girldad

Mike Radigan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Mike Radigan »

Cubs win 2 - 1 in eleven. Such an advantage to be the home team in extras starting a man on 2nd.
#girldad

soccerforever
All Universe
All Universe

Post by soccerforever »

Mike Radigan wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:25 pm
Cubs win 2 - 1 in eleven. Such an advantage to be the home team in extras starting a man on w2nd.
Especially when the visiting teams 3rd base coach sends a runner home in the 10th and no one out, when he should of held him. Even worse in the 11th the man on 2nd and no one out and heads to 3rd on a ball hit right at Baez and is out by 10 feet at 3rd.
roadtrip wrote:
What is an ELO rating
Dogsrus

squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Post by squirrel »

MLB has contacted Theo and the Cubs to inquire as to how they've handled everything, given how lightly impacted the club has been.

Mike Radigan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Mike Radigan »

The pen dodges another one.
#girldad

Mike Radigan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Mike Radigan »

Mike Radigan wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:43 am
And Kimbrel. End the experiment.
#girldad

JMM28
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JMM28 »

Mike Radigan wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:00 am
Mike Radigan wrote:
This isn’t directed at you necessarily, but I keep seeing people say “experiment” when referencing Kimbrel. It’s not really an experiment. The dude is a big money closer and had a Long proven track record. It’s confounding how closers just...lose it one day.

Now we see why this front office has just traded for one year closer types in prior years. A depreciating asset for sure.

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

squirrel wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:27 am
MLB has contacted Theo and the Cubs to inquire as to how they've handled everything, given how lightly impacted the club has been.
I heard Fauci called the Cubs for some advice.
Has Kathy Griffin been arrested?
What a talentless, attention starved person.

tombs14
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tombs14 »

JMM28 wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:17 am
Mike Radigan wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:00 am
Mike Radigan wrote:
This isn’t directed at you necessarily, but I keep seeing people say “experiment” when referencing Kimbrel. It’s not really an experiment. The dude is a big money closer and had a Long proven track record. It’s confounding how closers just...lose it one day.

Now we see why this front office has just traded for one year closer types in prior years. A depreciating asset for sure.
It was an experiment because he was an iffy-sign mid 2019 season. Hindsight maybe 20/20, but I'd like to credit the teams to what they saw in which he wasn't an immediate on-time signing.

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

IMO Kimbrel isn’t missing zone that much. If he can just locate his pitches he should be fine. Still throwing 95-97. I am concerned about Schwarber bat.He is striking out at a 35% clip and his bat speed is not catching up to a low 90 mph fastball. Definitely a concern.
go cubs go!

Mike Radigan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Mike Radigan »

Darvish AND the pen combine for a one run five hitter. Cubs win 6-1 to go to 10-0 overall. They’re off today, at the Cards tomorrow, Lester vs Wainwright.
#girldad

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

Mike Radigan wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:19 am
Darvish AND the pen combine for a one run five hitter. Cubs win 6-1 to go to 10-0 overall. They’re off today, at the Cards tomorrow, Lester vs Wainwright.
10-0?

What’s in your Kool Aid?

Mike Radigan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Mike Radigan »

illini25 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:57 am
Mike Radigan wrote:
10-0?

What’s in your Kool Aid?

Parkinson’s. 10-2
#girldad

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

Mike Radigan wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:45 am
illini25 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:57 am
Mike Radigan wrote:
10-0?

What’s in your Kool Aid?

Parkinson’s. 10-2
Sorry for joke.