Michael Jordan talks about "The Last Dance"

For the civil discussion of pro sports
User avatar
tombs14
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 3639
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2003 10:21 pm
Location: Peoria County

Re: Michael Jordan talks about "The Last Dance"

Post by tombs14 »

homey01 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:43 am
tombs14 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:08 pm
homey01 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:46 pm

Investigate what? Draw a conclusion from what? That’s the point. You made a vague statement, nothing further.

When you make a statement in an open forum, in order for you to have any credibility, when questioned about it you have to be willing to stand up and defend it with facts. It’s your obligation to detail the facts which led you to your conclusion. It’s up to you to lay out the specifics supporting whatever point you were trying to make. Quote the posts, which you must have carefully scrutinized, which you determined told “a different story”-which you never defined in the first place. If you don’t specifically define your argument, there’s nothing to draw a conclusion from.
It's not a vague statement if you have deductive reasoning skills. Follow the context, use the search user posts history, see the user has 14 posts and draw a realistic conclusion they're trolling. They never demonstrated any empathetic posts or used any emojis to clarify a joking comment. All posts are hit and runs with no follow-up or back and forth. All standards for online commentary for the past decade.

Sorry I had to feed you your own research.
The premise that someone should research the source of your post is absurd. You wrote it. You explain it. The questions were very simple, innocuous ones. Simply requesting clarification. When a question is posed, if you expect any credibility, it’s your responsibility to cite specific examples which support your assertions. Copy the 14 posts. Given your acknowledged expertise at navigating this site, this should not require much effort. Cite examples from each statement that support your conclusions. Simple as that. Nothing anyone else wouldn’t do if asked to clarify their posts. Do you consider yourself above that? If you’re not willing to present your specific arguments for scrutiny, you have no credibility. Hence, any further comments by you on this issue have no relevance.
No..no no no. You're slightly mistaken. I don't take orders from you. Referencing the widely available "14 posts" - when everyone has a quick link to them is enough proof.

I'm done with the dictatorship-style demands. Peace out internet-warrior bots.

User avatar
Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 16432
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:40 pm

Re: Michael Jordan talks about "The Last Dance"

Post by Bluejaygrad03 »

squirrel wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:00 am
And Jerry Sloan, who featured prominently in the later parts, as coach of the Utah Jazz has died at the age of 78. Sloan had been diagnosed with Parkinson's and Lewy body dementia in 2016.
His son Brian was an all-state center on the undefeated McLeansboro team that defeated Ed Butkovich's boys from Mt. Pulaski in the 1984 Class A State Championship Game:


Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 7158
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: Michael Jordan talks about "The Last Dance"

Post by Redbird CC Fan »

Watching original Dream Team on YouTube no announcers. It is easy to forget how explosive a jumper and player Barkley was. Also, makes you feel that Drexler wishes Jordan didn't shave his head so Drexler could have without being termed a copy cat. Drexler's bald patch almost as epic as his game was.
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32

User avatar
tombs14
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 3639
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2003 10:21 pm
Location: Peoria County

Re: Michael Jordan talks about "The Last Dance"

Post by tombs14 »

Redbird CC Fan wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:15 pm
Watching original Dream Team on YouTube no announcers. It is easy to forget how explosive a jumper and player Barkley was. Also, makes you feel that Drexler wishes Jordan didn't shave his head so Drexler could have without being termed a copy cat. Drexler's bald patch almost as epic as his game was.
It was fun for me to learn that Barkley was the better player that Tournament.

Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 7158
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: Michael Jordan talks about "The Last Dance"

Post by Redbird CC Fan »

tombs14 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:30 pm
It was fun for me to learn that Barkley was the better player that Tournament.
Partially because of his antics on TV now and his at the time almost unheard of push to leave Philly, but Barkley doesn't get enough credit for how good he was particularly around the Dream Team period.

Barkley was recently ranked 23rd all time and Garnett was listed 20th all time. Garnett averaged double digit rebounding in 9 of his 20 seasons, Barkley did it every year of his 16 years except his rookie year and averaged 11.7 per game on his career compared to Garnett at 10. Despite being 6'5" compared to Garnett at 7', Barkley also outscored Garnett too by almost 5 points per game with the same assists while shooting a higher %.

Barkley ran the court as hard as anyone on the Dream Team and played great.
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32

Post Reply