Re: Astros Sanctions

Post by jim beam »

Buckeyes1 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:54 pm
tombs14 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:44 pm
Cora and Sox part ways. See yah.
Red Sox hoping to minimize their punishment by cutting ties beforehand
That's what it seems like to the outside world. But the reality is they cant have this guy as their manager when he is named throughout the investigation as the architect of the scheme. The distraction this would cause the team from the media would be over the top, the optics would be terrible. I do not think them parting ways will have any impact on the on going investigation from MLB into the Red Sox. I wouldn't be surprised if Cora receives a lifetime ban from MLB. This is a debacle for MLB
Thanks J.J. for what I consider sound advice!

tombs14
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tombs14 »

jim beam wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:09 pm
Buckeyes1 wrote:
tombs14 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:44 pm
Cora and Sox part ways. See yah.
That's what it seems like to the outside world. But the reality is they cant have this guy as their manager when he is named throughout the investigation as the architect of the scheme. The distraction this would cause the team from the media would be over the top, the optics would be terrible. I do not think them parting ways will have any impact on the on going investigation from MLB into the Red Sox. I wouldn't be surprised if Cora receives a lifetime ban from MLB. This is a debacle for MLB
Correct - and really the next domino is: will Beltran be pink slipped before February?

ER3
Plutonium Poster
Plutonium Poster

Post by ER3 »

tombs14 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:18 pm
jim beam wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:09 pm
Buckeyes1 wrote:

Correct - and really the next domino is: will Beltran be pink slipped before February?
Beltran has to be fired ASAP. There's no other logical move for the Mets to make.

Alex Cora is possibly going to be banned for life from MLB for his role in this scheme...and according to the MLB report, Beltran was the one player that was mentioned as being the guy that came up with method to communicate the pitches to the hitters...so he's at least as responsible for this scandal as Cora is...

The New York media would grind this story into the ground all year long if the Mets put their head in the sand and let Beltran manage their team...

RedDevil
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by RedDevil »

I can't find it to link it - but there is an interview with Cora during their series with the Yankees in London last year in which he clearly through his mannerisms and eye rolls that he knows what Beltran was doing with the Yankees that season. If someone smarter than me can link it please do so!!

Mike Radigan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Mike Radigan »

RedDevil wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:28 pm
I can't find it to link it - but there is an interview with Cora during their series with the Yankees in London last year in which he clearly through his mannerisms and eye rolls that he knows what Beltran was doing with the Yankees that season. If someone smarter than me can link it please do so!!
Video in article.
#girldad

RedDevil
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by RedDevil »

Manager #3 out as Beltran and Mets part ways

soccerforever
All Universe
All Universe

Post by soccerforever »

Not the first time I have heard this in different places.

Logan Morrison doesn't believe MLB's sign-stealing problem ends with the Houston Astros.

The Milwaukee Brewers first baseman wrote in a since-deleted Instagram post he believes other teams have been guilty of similar infractions.

"I know from first hand accounts that the Yankees, Dodgers, Astros, and Red Sox all have used film to pick signs," he wrote, per NJ Advance Media's Brendan Kuty. "Just want you guys to know the truth. I personally think it's a tool in a tool belt to pick signs, but if we are going to be punishing people for it. Don't half *** it.
roadtrip wrote:
What is an ELO rating
Dogsrus
It's based on if you liked or didn't like their music...

tombs14
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tombs14 »

Astro's should have been given the death penalty. There's much more to the story.

And Shut up Cody Bellinger. You shouldn't throw stones from inside your glass house.

squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Post by squirrel »

Casey Stengel wrote:Been in this game one hundred years, but I see new ways to lose 'em I never knew existed before.
I hear ya, Casey. . . :lol:

I am still surprised that no one has tried to utilize smart lenses and frames for pitchers that could convey info to pitchers about base runners. Maybe that would be too obvious.
"[. . .] and it would be foolish to gobble up sliders when there’s a steak hidden in the fridge." -Kirk Wessler

Bigslim

Post by Bigslim »

soccerforever wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:30 pm

Logan Morrison doesn't believe MLB's sign-stealing problem ends with the Houston Astros.

The Milwaukee Brewers first baseman wrote in a since-deleted Instagram post he believes other teams have been guilty of similar infractions.

"I know from first hand accounts that the Yankees, Dodgers, Astros, and Red Sox all have used film to pick signs," he wrote, per NJ Advance Media's Brendan Kuty. "Just want you guys to know the truth. I personally think it's a tool in a tool belt to pick signs, but if we are going to be punishing people for it. Don't half *** it.
Maybe Mr. Morrison can explain Yelich’s home-road splits during the first 1/3 of the season. Maybe his club should be looked at as well.

The Dude's cousin
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by The Dude's cousin »

Remember when Dallas said this? He was right, cheaters are usually better. Loser!

"We're not the Cubs," Keuchel told The Washington Post. "I firmly believe we have better players."
What is that, yoga?

MissouriValleyUnite
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by MissouriValleyUnite »

WHO IS THIS

soccerforever
All Universe
All Universe

Post by soccerforever »

Bruce Levine has been on The Score for about an hour now and I have found it to be very interesting. He said from what he has learned that it was close to 8 teams that were cheating but mlb will probably stop at just the Red Sox and Astro’s, UNLESS more players come out to the press with the teams they currently play on or have played on that cheated.
roadtrip wrote:
What is an ELO rating
Dogsrus

Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan »

A little Onion like humor about the situation.

https://babylonbee.com/news/astros-fire ... ng-scandal
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32

soccerforever
All Universe
All Universe

Post by soccerforever »

Redbird CC Fan wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:20 pm
A little Onion like humor about the situation.

https://babylonbee.com/news/astros-fire ... ng-scandal
Too funny!
roadtrip wrote:
What is an ELO rating
Dogsrus

tombs14
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tombs14 »

The last punishment is the team to be managed by Dusty Baker. Sounds like this is a done deal.

:td :lol:

Bigslim

Post by Bigslim »

tombs14 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:49 pm
The last punishment is the team to be managed by Dusty Baker. Sounds like this is a done deal.

:td :lol:
Nice. So, along with all of the other punishments, all of their pitchers will be ruined.

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

With the new allegations on sign stealing software,other sport teams would be given the death penalty. Clearly players knew what was going on as they were given the information. However the MLB instead blames the management.
go cubs go!

oftenrunning52
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by oftenrunning52 »

The apology press conference was a Master's class in bad PR! I hope the Astros enjoy getting hit by pitches and fighting because they will be doing plenty of both.
Dunlap Eagles
2011 and 2012 Mid-Illini Boys Cross Country Champions
2012-2019 Mid-Illini Girls Cross Country Champions
2014 3rd place and 2016 2nd place Girls 2A IHSA Cross Country
2017 Girls IHSA Cross Country State Champions

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

Yep I think they all were sorry, that they got caught. Just a real cluster. Not always a real Pete Rose but this whole thing rivals that because they all knew that it was cheating. And I think that it will be difficult for any other team to want any of those players on their roster. They will be forever labeled.
go cubs go!

pndbaseball12
All Universe
All Universe

Post by pndbaseball12 »

soccerforever wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:30 pm

Using film to steal signs is one thing. It is a completely different animal to relay those signs in real time to a hitter.
The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a mans determination
-Tommy Lasorda

Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan »

Why not use wireless technology like football does and eliminate signs all together?
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tribecalledquest »

Redbird CC Fan wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:20 pm
Why not use wireless technology like football does and eliminate signs all together?
I agree. That can’t be that hard.
"When the speech condemns a free press, you are hearing the words of a tyrant."
~Thomas Jefferson

tombs14
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tombs14 »

But then you're getting into a process that your development leagues and etc can't afford to implement. Pitch Signing shouldn't be a lost art.

JMM28
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JMM28 »

tombs14 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:51 pm
But then you're getting into a process that your development leagues and etc can't afford to implement. Pitch Signing shouldn't be a lost art.
I wouldn’t think the minor league organizations would be expected to foot the bill. The teams, or MLB as a whole, would use the same ones throughout the system.

I’m actually surprised this hasn’t been floated yet as much as the dugout and management focus on sequencing and game calling.