Scholarship Grid

BradleyHoops.com: For the civil discussion of Bradley University men's basketball
SFP
All Universe
All Universe

Scholarship Grid

Post by SFP »

OK until we get someone to step up and start producing that spreadsheet here's a site you can use. It also has players we're recruiting. If someone has a better site please post it. We could make it sticky with different links.

https://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/bradley
As Desmond Tutu said: “If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.”
spoon
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Re: Scholarship Grid?

Post by spoon »

This isn't as good as Shaun's, but I'm happy to keep something like this updated throughout the year.

SFP
All Universe
All Universe

Post by SFP »

spoon wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:33 pm This isn't as good as Shaun's, but I'm happy to keep something like this updated throughout the year.

I think it is great!
As Desmond Tutu said: “If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.”
Majik45
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by Majik45 »

spoon wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:33 pm This isn't as good as Shaun's, but I'm happy to keep something like this updated throughout the year.

It does look great. Also, Mast is only going to be a Redshirt Sophomore next year. We have 3 more years of him, which is a good thing.
SFP
All Universe
All Universe

Post by SFP »

Majik45 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:13 pm

It does look great. Also, Mast is only going to be a Redshirt Sophomore next year. We have 3 more years of him, which is a good thing.
In theory we could get three more years.
Mike Radigan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Mike Radigan »

Changed to sticky.
spoon
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Re: Scholarship Grid

Post by spoon »

Fixed.
JeffR16
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by JeffR16 »

Don't all players from last year get an extra year of eligibility? Maybe it would make sense to show the potential additional year in a different color?
bravesfan69

Post by bravesfan69 »

JeffR16 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:14 am Don't all players from last year get an extra year of eligibility? Maybe it would make sense to show the potential additional year in a different color?
Yeah, this is where the COVID stuff makes it darn near impossible to keep track of this.
squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Post by squirrel »

bravesfan69 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:13 pm
JeffR16 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:14 am Don't all players from last year get an extra year of eligibility? Maybe it would make sense to show the potential additional year in a different color?
Yeah, this is where the COVID stuff makes it darn near impossible to keep track of this.
It does, but one thing to keep in mind, it counts against the new school's scholarships. So it could phase out early at the current transfer rates.
"You're only as good as your last game in this business; always know that. You're never as good as you think, you're never as bad as you think." - Brian Wardle
JD2.0
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JD2.0 »

Need a lot of work to this group to even go .500 next year
“Is a dream a lie when it don’t come true, or is it something worse?”
dogsrus
All Universe
All Universe

Post by dogsrus »

JD wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:49 am Need a lot of work to this group to even go .500 next year
Especially if our starting pg is Reink Mast..... :shock:
So I was in the airport the other day and I saw AL B., PM me if you want more details.
Butler Blue
Platinum Poster (1000 posts)

Post by Butler Blue »

dogsrus wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:50 pm
JD wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:49 am Need a lot of work to this group to even go .500 next year
Right. Currently, we have 8 scholarship players, so yes, a lot of work to do.
JD2.0
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JD2.0 »

dogsrus wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:50 pm
Ugly looking.
squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Post by squirrel »

Mast is already the team’s best passer. And arguably aside from Ville, the best outside shooter.
"You're only as good as your last game in this business; always know that. You're never as good as you think, you're never as bad as you think." - Brian Wardle
SFP
All Universe
All Universe

Post by SFP »

squirrel wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:03 pm Mast is already the team’s best passer. And arguably aside from Ville, the best outside shooter.
Not saying too much here. It's good that we have a PF that can facilitate. I'm a firm believer in establishing an inside outside game as your first priority on offense, unless you have a bunch of shooters. Henry and Mast should also be able to play off of each other. It will be tough for teams to double either up and it should allow for open jump shots on the perimeter. Now our guys will need to hit them.
chitown fanatic
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by chitown fanatic »

That is the scariest looking scholarship grid since brian's first year here.....depressing
Tornadouche is a tool
dogsrus
All Universe
All Universe

Post by dogsrus »

:cyclops
chitown fanatic wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:53 pm That is the scariest looking scholarship grid since brian's first year here.....depressing
id take dlo and luuk about now.... :(
So I was in the airport the other day and I saw AL B., PM me if you want more details.
squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Post by squirrel »

This is where some of you guys make no sense:

Rienk was a productive player (at an age 5-6 years younger) in a league where Josh Cunningham and Donte Thomas played. (Albeit not at the same time, just using to demonstrate the level of play). Obviously, you have to project him out to be comparable, if not exceeding the level of play of those guys when he reaches their age when they played in the same league.

Many of you have a heart-shaped poster of Darius Hannah in your locker. Many of the same did before T-Shirt Terry even played a game here.

But nah, Wardle can't recruit. Honestly, do any of you have any bearing on the hilarious inconsistency here?

I get that the league finishes haven't been there. But he has still recruited above what we have seen. And if he got the talent that remained for a career from his first year to an NCAA, give the guy some credit he'll find the right pieces to continue to build the program.

This knee-j**k reaction to a bad season that can be explained away by some knuckleheads and perhaps some infighting that will no longer be around, I trust this staff will continue to find the right pieces - not necessarily the best pieces - to continue to have the success most of us can accept.
dogsrus
All Universe
All Universe

Post by dogsrus »

squirrel wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:45 pm This is where some of you guys make no sense:

Rienk was a productive player (at an age 5-6 years younger) in a league where Josh Cunningham and Donte Thomas played. (Albeit not at the same time, just using to demonstrate the level of play). Obviously, you have to project him out to be comparable, if not exceeding the level of play of those guys when he reaches their age when they played in the same league.

Many of you have a heart-shaped poster of Darius Hannah in your locker. Many of the same did before T-Shirt Terry even played a game here.

But nah, Wardle can't recruit. Honestly, do any of you have any bearing on the hilarious inconsistency here?

I get that the league finishes haven't been there. But he has still recruited above what we have seen. And if he got the talent that remained for a career from his first year to an NCAA, give the guy some credit he'll find the right pieces to continue to build the program.

This knee-j**k reaction to a bad season that can be explained away by some knuckleheads and perhaps some infighting that will no longer be around, I trust this staff will continue to find the right pieces - not necessarily the best pieces - to continue to have the success most of us can accept.

Not sure anyone is down on Rienk..... if that is even what you are saying. . ... and as far as Hannah.... i don’t even HAVE a locker... you can call home and ask my wife. ( name that song :D
JD2.0
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JD2.0 »

squirrel wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:45 pm This is where some of you guys make no sense:

If you’re referring to me, I’m confused. I like Mast. Not as our PG, however.
squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Post by squirrel »

dogsrus wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:24 pm

Not sure anyone is down on Rienk..... if that is even what you are saying. . ... and as far as Hannah.... i don’t even HAVE a locker... you can call home and ask my wife. ( name that song :D
My point is the manic-depressiveness: The players some choose to worship before they even play a minute here, and then when they aren't up to that level, it's the coach's inability to recruit, when there actually is some tangible quality and roster improvement happening.

Throw in the "grass is greener" types, and the actual good that is happening gets diminished and overlooked.

Uneasy Rider.
squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Post by squirrel »

JD wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:38 pm
If you’re referring to me, I’m confused. I like Mast. Not as our PG, however.
You are confused because I am not referring to you.
squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Post by squirrel »

SFP wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:13 pm
squirrel wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:03 pm Mast is already the team’s best passer. And arguably aside from Ville, the best outside shooter.
Not saying too much here. It's good that we have a PF that can facilitate. I'm a firm believer in establishing an inside outside game as your first priority on offense, unless you have a bunch of shooters. Henry and Mast should also be able to play off of each other. It will be tough for teams to double either up and it should allow for open jump shots on the perimeter. Now our guys will need to hit them.
Right. My post was not a vote for Mast at PG :lol: It was simply pointing out he was among the team's best in those categories, in jest. :lol:
Butler Blue

Post by Butler Blue »

I'll just wait until the 13 scholarships are filled and check them out then.