Where is the Fire Wardle crowd tonight?

BradleyHoops.com: For the civil discussion of Bradley University men's basketball
BU Freak
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Where is the Fire Wardle crowd tonight?

Post by BU Freak »

2 trips to the NCAA Tourney in the last 3 years. Guess we have forgotten this on this board. The trend, in case you aren’t paying attention, is Wardle teams peak around tournament time. The whole fire Wardle thing is ignorant. Done with this cesspool of stupidity. Built a program exactly as it should be built. Period.
pndbaseball12
All Universe
All Universe

Re: Where is the Fire Wardle crowd tonight?

Post by pndbaseball12 »

BU Freak wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:11 pm 2 trips to the NCAA Tourney in the last 3 years. Guess we have forgotten this on this board. The trend, in case you aren’t paying attention, is Wardle teams peak around tournament time. The whole fire Wardle thing is ignorant. Done with this cesspool of stupidity. Built a program exactly as it should be built. Period.
If you actually read the thread you would understand the title isn’t indicative of the conversation in the thread but you do you.
The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a mans determination
-Tommy Lasorda
squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Post by squirrel »

Done with this cesspool when you haven’t been seen since 2011? Seems as though you’ve been over it for over a decade. :lol:
"We are hunters; they have something we want. We are the aggressors and we're going after it." - Brian Wardle
chitown fanatic
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by chitown fanatic »

i love the one hit wonder guys like bufreak...haha! But yes, a surprising and great win and finally some guts!!!! Can we carry it over to Saturday??? Well done boys....would love more crow to eat Saturday!!!
Tornadouche is a tool
SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe

Post by SaintLouBrave22 »

chitown fanatic wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:21 pm i love the one hit wonder guys like bufreak...haha! But yes, a surprising and great win and finally some guts!!!! Can we carry it over to Saturday??? Well done boys....would love more crow to eat Saturday!!!
That makes one of us.

He can follow Sturtz in going to sit on a thousand tacks
---If you need it, you don't have it. If you have it you don't need it. But if you need and you don't have it, you want it. If you don't have any of it, then you really don't know how to get more to get started then do you?---
Uncle Junior
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by Uncle Junior »

We did it!Time to celebrate boys. We're 9-10. One more victory and we'll be at the .500 mark. Pop open that bottle of Cristal!
I do my best thinking on the bus. That's how come I don't drive. I don't want to know how. I don't want to learn. See? The more you drive, the less intelligent you are.
BUFanatic
Platinum Poster (1000 posts)
Platinum Poster (1000 posts)

Post by BUFanatic »

Hey, I started it and I’m happy with a W, just couldn’t follow because I have a 2 hr commute and work evenings on Wednesdays. Great Dub. Despite my frustrations so far, unlike Nagy/Bears this year I would prefer Coach proves me wrong and succeeds.
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your hearts and you'll never walk alone, you'll never walk alone! One day soon we'll be back.
SFP
All Universe
All Universe

Post by SFP »

BU Freak wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:11 pm 2 trips to the NCAA Tourney in the last 3 years. Guess we have forgotten this on this board. The trend, in case you aren’t paying attention, is Wardle teams peak around tournament time. The whole fire Wardle thing is ignorant. Done with this cesspool of stupidity. Built a program exactly as it should be built. Period.
"Cesspool of stupidity" - Great wording. I was not one of the fire BW posters but I was not exactly praising him. To call out the guys here who are a bit frustrated and rightfully so makes you sound like, well I'd rather not say. The time these guys put into this site says a ton about their passion for the program. Yes we may disagree quite a bit between us fellow posters but calling them ignorant only makes you look, well again I'd rather not say.
Russian warship, go F U C K yourself. :td
illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

SFP wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:42 am
"Cesspool of stupidity" - Great wording. I was not one of the fire BW posters but I was not exactly praising him. To call out the guys here who are a bit frustrated and rightfully so makes you sound like, well I'd rather not say. The time these guys put into this site says a ton about their passion for the program. Yes we may disagree quite a bit between us fellow posters but calling them ignorant only makes you look, well again I'd rather not say.
Better post if you say it. :P
Despite a failed pilot program that has illustrated the flaws of postal banking, some policymakers in Washington remain determined to implement this faulty policy idea. Recent history helps show why postal banking should remain in the discard pile.
Mike Radigan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Mike Radigan »

squirrel wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:17 pm Done with this cesspool when you haven’t been seen since 2011? Seems as though you’ve been over it for over a decade. :lol:
OMG, I’ll probably not be here for his next appearance.
Russian warship, go F U C K yourself.
tombs14
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tombs14 »

Mike Radigan wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:55 am
squirrel wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:17 pm Done with this cesspool when you haven’t been seen since 2011? Seems as though you’ve been over it for over a decade. :lol:
:shock: :td :notworthy
squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Post by squirrel »

tombs14 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:57 am
Mike Radigan wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:55 am
:shock: :td :notworthy
I have confidence in you Mike, you are a marvel for being made of marble. :lol:
"We are hunters; they have something we want. We are the aggressors and we're going after it." - Brian Wardle
AllStateMidstate
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by AllStateMidstate »

Nominated for stupidest quote of the year 😂😂
dss03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by dss03 »

There’s threads with the header, certainly, but is there really a “crowd” that is saying to fire Wardle? I believe possibly as many as 3-4 posters. Maybe not even that.
FunchessonPopcorn - "DSS03 is fantastic!"
illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

dss03 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:17 am There’s threads with the header, certainly, but is there really a “crowd” that is saying to fire Wardle? I believe possibly as many as 3-4 posters. Maybe not even that.
That qualifies as a Twitter crowd.
Despite a failed pilot program that has illustrated the flaws of postal banking, some policymakers in Washington remain determined to implement this faulty policy idea. Recent history helps show why postal banking should remain in the discard pile.
ollienanyes
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by ollienanyes »

I admit that I don't always understand why a coach says what he does to the media, but it sure appears to me that he knows his players and how to challenge them. Could be wrong, of course.

BUT I was one of those who was encouraged by the close losses; it appeared to me that the team was on the way to finding out how to win; they just needed to learn how to close, and, last night, close they did!
bigdaddystuck
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by bigdaddystuck »

Is it just me or did a breeze blow through here?!?!
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you've got to have is faith and discipline when you're not yet a winner.
Vince Lombardi
Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Braves4Life »

bigdaddystuck wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:18 pm Is it just me or did a breeze blow through here?!?!
This man knows his basketball. On Donivine Stewart... :roll: :lol:
BU Freak wrote: Wed May 04, 2011 8:46 am Donivine will be just fine. I have seen him play since 7th grade. Ticks me off people who dont know the kid take shots at him before he even steps on the floor for BU, right islandman? To say he "***" is flat out unfair. In the end it came down to BU and West Virginia. Bob Huggins sure did not think he was "uninterested".
squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Post by squirrel »

illini25 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:49 am
dss03 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:17 am There’s threads with the header, certainly, but is there really a “crowd” that is saying to fire Wardle? I believe possibly as many as 3-4 posters. Maybe not even that.
That qualifies as a Twitter crowd.
From what I've heard there are some "pockets" of boosters that are probably not plugged into technology at all that are very unhappy. So it definitely goes beyond 3-4 message board/twitter mobsters.
chitown fanatic
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by chitown fanatic »

when you sit your best player for 8 minutes to start a half and your 14 point lead goes poof!, there's a lot of unhappiness. Thankfully last night he backed off and let his 2 studs play with 2 fouls the last 5 of the 1st half. Here's hoping Brian puts this to memory....36+ for roberts....Always. Every. Single. Game
Tornadouche is a tool
dogsrus
All Universe
All Universe

Post by dogsrus »

This….
So I was in the airport the other day and I saw AL B., PM me if you want more details.
bravesfan69
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by bravesfan69 »

True.

When I first saw this thread last night, I actually laughed. It's pretty hilarious, actually.

Thing is, especially in the day and age of Twitter, people tend to read headlines and titles without reading the story. So, when you have someone start a thread with "Fire Wardle" in it, context goes out the window.

That thread actually has some good content, but a lot of people will read the thread title and say, "hey, these guys want Wardle fired!" Then that message dominates because it's right there. Fire Wardle.

Anyway, it's there. So, if guys are gonna get pi$$ed when someone responds to it, trolling or not, well, that's kinda too bad I guess.

And yeah, I know it's probably Tornado or one of his buds. Who cares. I would just say don't start threads with stupid titles and stick to the basketball.

Just my $0.02.
real fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by real fan »

I thought there was some good comments about some of the mistakes made by opinion about the coach. I did not take the firing thing as serious . People just wanted to vent their frustrations about losing games that they felt were winnable. To me no harm no foul.
Braves4Life
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Braves4Life »

real fan wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:13 pm I thought there was some good comments about some of the mistakes made by opinion about the coach. I did not take the firing thing as serious . People just wanted to vent their frustrations about losing games that they felt were winnable. To me no harm no foul.
Yes, that's what message boards are supposed to be all about. Want censorship? There's another board for that.
bravesfan69
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by bravesfan69 »

Braves4Life wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:25 pm
real fan wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:13 pm I thought there was some good comments about some of the mistakes made by opinion about the coach. I did not take the firing thing as serious . People just wanted to vent their frustrations about losing games that they felt were winnable. To me no harm no foul.
Yes, that's what message boards are supposed to be all about. Want censorship? There's another board for that.
If you're referring to what I posted, I absolutely do not want censorship. I was just trying to talk a little about what might have driven the start of this dumb thread in the first place.

Funny how you guys want to denounce censorship when you can't even say that something *** ($ucks) here. lol