Valley Games 2020-21

BradleyHoops.com: For the civil discussion of Bradley University men's basketball
User avatar
squirrel
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 34669
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:45 pm
Location: Peoria, IL

Re: Valley Games 2020-21

Post by squirrel »

Penn's season over, another huge blow to Drake:

"You're only as good as your last game in this business; always know that. You're never as good as you think, you're never as bad as you think." - Brian Wardle
User avatar
squirrel
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 34669
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:45 pm
Location: Peoria, IL

Re: Valley Games 2020-21

Post by squirrel »

squirrel wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:57 am At least 4 leagues won't get all their regular season league games in: A10, Big East, Horizon, MEAC

Leagues that are on the bubble for the same: Big West, CAA, WCC, A-Sun, America East, Big South, WAC, Big Sky, Southern (there may be others)

So, barring any instances this week, the Valley will get all their league games in and be one of only a small number of leagues (predominantly P5 leagues, too) to get all their games in.
Just confirmed Iona won't be able to play all their games, so you can move the MAAC into the definite category.
"You're only as good as your last game in this business; always know that. You're never as good as you think, you're never as bad as you think." - Brian Wardle
User avatar
Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 17523
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:40 pm

Re: Valley Games 2020-21

Post by Bluejaygrad03 »

squirrel wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:31 pm
squirrel wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:57 am At least 4 leagues won't get all their regular season league games in: A10, Big East, Horizon, MEAC

Leagues that are on the bubble for the same: Big West, CAA, WCC, A-Sun, America East, Big South, WAC, Big Sky, Southern (there may be others)

So, barring any instances this week, the Valley will get all their league games in and be one of only a small number of leagues (predominantly P5 leagues, too) to get all their games in.
Just confirmed Iona won't be able to play all their games, so you can move the MAAC into the definite category.
Squirrel, I think you may want to add to the OVC to your definite list. I posted the tweet in the other thread that the conference was going to the traditional format for the OVC tournament this year rather than the merit based format they had used for the past several years due to uneven number of games that the teams in the conference will have played.
Last edited by Bluejaygrad03 on Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
real fan
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 7661
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:23 pm

Re: Valley Games 2020-21

Post by real fan »

Drake played three starters 40 minutes tonight in their game and another 37 minutes. They obviously have their players in shape and do not have to sub guys in every 3 minutes, they are dedicated to do what they need to do in order to win. Their best player in the last two games is a sophomore from Bollingbrook Illinois.
PH
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 3697
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:58 am

Re: Valley Games 2020-21

Post by PH »

Drake may be in the drivers seat for a 1 seed
User avatar
bufan39
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 423
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:50 am

Re: Valley Games 2020-21

Post by bufan39 »

PH wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:49 pm Drake may be in the drivers seat for a 1 seed
Hard to believe we still can avoid Thursday. Going to need a split this weekend, however.
~Compete. Defend. Rebound.~

NCAA Tournament Appearances - 2020, 2019, 2006, 1996, 1988, 1986, 1980, 1955, 1954, 1950
MVC Tournament Champions - 2020, 2019, 1988, 1980
MVC Regular Season Champions - 1996, 1988, 1986, 1982, 1980, 1962, 1950

User avatar
tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 23846
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:00 pm

Re: Valley Games 2020-21

Post by tribecalledquest »

real fan wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:14 pm Drake played three starters 40 minutes tonight in their game and another 37 minutes. They obviously have their players in shape and do not have to sub guys in every 3 minutes, they are dedicated to do what they need to do in order to win. Their best player in the last two games is a sophomore from Bollingbrook Illinois.
No kidding. Joseph Yesefu averaged 34 a game in the sweep vs the Aces. Unreal.
"When the speech condemns a free press, you are hearing the words of a tyrant."
~Thomas Jefferson
LJSites
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Posts: 706
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:34 am

Re: Valley Games 2020-21

Post by LJSites »

tribecalledquest wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:36 pm
real fan wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:14 pm Drake played three starters 40 minutes tonight in their game and another 37 minutes. They obviously have their players in shape and do not have to sub guys in every 3 minutes, they are dedicated to do what they need to do in order to win. Their best player in the last two games is a sophomore from Bollingbrook Illinois.
No kidding. Joseph Yesefu averaged 34 a game in the sweep vs the Aces. Unreal.
Yesufu and Drake's guards got any shot they wanted all game long. It'll be interesting to see him vs. some tougher defensive teams.

It'll be hard for Drake to win 3 in 3 days if Loyola waits on Sunday. If they end up the 2 seed they'll also have a tough Saturday v Mo St. inside, but Mo St. is also playing a few guys a ton of mintues.
User avatar
SFP
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 4983
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:48 am
Location: Anywhere except where you think I am

Re: Valley Games 2020-21

Post by SFP »

LJSites wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:38 am
tribecalledquest wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:36 pm
real fan wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:14 pm Drake played three starters 40 minutes tonight in their game and another 37 minutes. They obviously have their players in shape and do not have to sub guys in every 3 minutes, they are dedicated to do what they need to do in order to win. Their best player in the last two games is a sophomore from Bollingbrook Illinois.
No kidding. Joseph Yesefu averaged 34 a game in the sweep vs the Aces. Unreal.
Yesufu and Drake's guards got any shot they wanted all game long. It'll be interesting to see him vs. some tougher defensive teams.

It'll be hard for Drake to win 3 in 3 days if Loyola waits on Sunday. If they end up the 2 seed they'll also have a tough Saturday v Mo St. inside, but Mo St. is also playing a few guys a ton of mintues.
Easier for college teams to play their guys big minutes due to the tempo that is played and amount of games played. Unlike the NBA grind where you have to have a good bench to make the playoffs.
As Desmond Tutu said: “If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.”
User avatar
MissouriValleyUnite
Platinum Poster (1000 posts)
Platinum Poster (1000 posts)
Posts: 1096
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 11:23 am

Re: Valley Games 2020-21

Post by MissouriValleyUnite »

W10

Image
User avatar
pndbaseball12
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 5399
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:15 pm
Location: Columbia, MO

Re: Valley Games 2020-21

Post by pndbaseball12 »

Just please god if we get swept let UNI sweep ISU. I know this season has been the most disappointing in a long time, but finishing ahead of ISU would at least be a very very very small silver lining.
The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a mans determination
-Tommy Lasorda
User avatar
squirrel
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 34669
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:45 pm
Location: Peoria, IL

Re: Valley Games 2020-21

Post by squirrel »

Final day scenarios, courtesy of Hackman

Image
"You're only as good as your last game in this business; always know that. You're never as good as you think, you're never as bad as you think." - Brian Wardle
User avatar
tombs14
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 3979
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2003 10:21 pm
Location: Peoria County

Re: Valley Games 2020-21

Post by tombs14 »

Literally 5-10 is up for grabs on the last day of the year. That's just crazy talk.
User avatar
squirrel
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 34669
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:45 pm
Location: Peoria, IL

Re: Valley Games 2020-21

Post by squirrel »

tombs14 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:55 am Literally 5-10 is up for grabs on the last day of the year. That's just crazy talk.
Yep-if Bradley can pull the upset today, and ISU flip yesterday's loss to a win over UNI (ISU is at home) today, and everyone wins that should Braves are the 5 seed. :lol:
"You're only as good as your last game in this business; always know that. You're never as good as you think, you're never as bad as you think." - Brian Wardle
User avatar
tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 23846
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:00 pm

Re: Valley Games 2020-21

Post by tribecalledquest »

tombs14 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:55 am Literally 5-10 is up for grabs on the last day of the year. That's just crazy talk.
It really is. Bradley can finish anywhere from 5th to 10th. That's so odd for one team. I'm not running to Vegas putting money on 5th however.
"When the speech condemns a free press, you are hearing the words of a tyrant."
~Thomas Jefferson
real fan
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 7661
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:23 pm

Re: Valley Games 2020-21

Post by real fan »

tribecalledquest wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:57 am
tombs14 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:55 am Literally 5-10 is up for grabs on the last day of the year. That's just crazy talk.
It really is. Bradley can finish anywhere from 5th to 10th. That's so odd for one team. I'm not running to Vegas putting money on 5th however.
How sad is that when considering what could have happened if 3 players had not been so selfish and just played basketball instead of getting booted for bad behavior. Just beating SIU and Valpo would have been difference makers in the seeding, two games that we should have won period.
User avatar
squirrel
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 34669
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:45 pm
Location: Peoria, IL

Re: Valley Games 2020-21

Post by squirrel »

real fan wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:08 pm
tribecalledquest wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:57 am
tombs14 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:55 am Literally 5-10 is up for grabs on the last day of the year. That's just crazy talk.
It really is. Bradley can finish anywhere from 5th to 10th. That's so odd for one team. I'm not running to Vegas putting money on 5th however.
How sad is that when considering what could have happened if 3 players had not been so selfish and just played basketball instead of getting booted for bad behavior. Just beating SIU and Valpo would have been difference makers in the seeding, two games that we should have won period.
If those 3 had had their heads on straight all year it would have been a completely different season. It wasn't just the one weekend. It wasn't the suspension that caused the teams problems, it just threw gasoline on the dumpster fire.
"You're only as good as your last game in this business; always know that. You're never as good as you think, you're never as bad as you think." - Brian Wardle
User avatar
SFP
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 4983
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:48 am
Location: Anywhere except where you think I am

Re: Valley Games 2020-21

Post by SFP »

squirrel wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:09 pm
real fan wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:08 pm
tribecalledquest wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:57 am

It really is. Bradley can finish anywhere from 5th to 10th. That's so odd for one team. I'm not running to Vegas putting money on 5th however.
How sad is that when considering what could have happened if 3 players had not been so selfish and just played basketball instead of getting booted for bad behavior. Just beating SIU and Valpo would have been difference makers in the seeding, two games that we should have won period.
If those 3 had had their heads on straight all year it would have been a completely different season. It wasn't just the one weekend. It wasn't the suspension that caused the teams problems, it just threw gasoline on the dumpster fire.
There was something off all season and until those guys F(ed) up we had very little idea of what the problem was. I can't imagine as a teammate how you'd deal with it because those were the guys that should have dealt with players not pulling their weight.
As Desmond Tutu said: “If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.”
User avatar
tombs14
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 3979
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2003 10:21 pm
Location: Peoria County

Re: Valley Games 2020-21

Post by tombs14 »

Boy does Loyola really get the home cooking. Yes they're better, but travels are not called the same.
User avatar
SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 20608
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2003 8:37 am
Location: Ballwin, MO / UPark, TX

Re: Valley Games 2020-21

Post by SaintLouBrave22 »

tribecalledquest wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:57 am
tombs14 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:55 am Literally 5-10 is up for grabs on the last day of the year. That's just crazy talk.
It really is. Bradley can finish anywhere from 5th to 10th. That's so odd for one team. I'm not running to Vegas putting money on 5th however.
Let's get real here.

Its gonna be 8th, 9th, or 10th.
---If you need it, you don't have it. If you have it you don't need it. But if you need and you don't have it, you want it. If you don't have any of it, then you really don't know how to get more to get started then do you?---
User avatar
SaintLouBrave22
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 20608
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2003 8:37 am
Location: Ballwin, MO / UPark, TX

Re: Valley Games 2020-21

Post by SaintLouBrave22 »

squirrel wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:50 am Final day scenarios, courtesy of Hackman

Image
#16 is your winner.

Who had #16 and yelled bingo
---If you need it, you don't have it. If you have it you don't need it. But if you need and you don't have it, you want it. If you don't have any of it, then you really don't know how to get more to get started then do you?---
PH
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 3697
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:58 am

Re: Valley Games 2020-21

Post by PH »

Porter trolling us all:
User avatar
squirrel
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 34669
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:45 pm
Location: Peoria, IL

Re: Valley Games 2020-21

Post by squirrel »

Sometimes you deserve to be trolled. :lol:
"You're only as good as your last game in this business; always know that. You're never as good as you think, you're never as bad as you think." - Brian Wardle
User avatar
squirrel
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 34669
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:45 pm
Location: Peoria, IL

Re: Valley Games 2020-21

Post by squirrel »

Bradley and Loyola finished 1 & 2 for forcing opponents into longest possessions nationally this year.
"You're only as good as your last game in this business; always know that. You're never as good as you think, you're never as bad as you think." - Brian Wardle
User avatar
bufan39
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 423
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:50 am

Re: Valley Games 2020-21

Post by bufan39 »

squirrel wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:59 am Bradley and Loyola finished 1 & 2 for forcing opponents into longest possessions nationally this year.
And how many of those for Bradley resulted in some miracle 3 banked in or thrown in fading away from 30+ feet...
~Compete. Defend. Rebound.~

NCAA Tournament Appearances - 2020, 2019, 2006, 1996, 1988, 1986, 1980, 1955, 1954, 1950
MVC Tournament Champions - 2020, 2019, 1988, 1980
MVC Regular Season Champions - 1996, 1988, 1986, 1982, 1980, 1962, 1950

Post Reply