2019 Bids for the Braves

BradleyHoops.com: For the civil discussion of Bradley University men's basketball
JMM28
All Universe
All Universe

2019 Bids for the Braves

Post by JMM28 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:27 pm

October 26th. Renaissance Coliseum. Biggest BU fundraiser of the year. Tickets available soon. More details to come soon.

JMM28
All Universe
All Universe

Re: 2019 Bids for the Braves

Post by JMM28 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:35 pm

Couple week out bump. Some of the items are starting to appear online. Tickets are still available.

PTHawkeye
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by PTHawkeye » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:56 am

JMM28 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:35 pm
Couple week out bump. Some of the items are starting to appear online. Tickets are still available.
JMM - will they offer online bidding? Or do I need to find an unreliable proxy like in 2013?

For those who haven't attended in the past, this is one of the best fundraiser/gala events each year in Central Illinois, especially for Bradley fans. When we lived there, we attended every single year and usually walked away with several good auction items and a few great stories.

JMM28
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JMM28 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:53 am

PTHawkeye wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:56 am
JMM28 wrote:
JMM - will they offer online bidding? Or do I need to find an unreliable proxy like in 2013?

For those who haven't attended in the past, this is one of the best fundraiser/gala events each year in Central Illinois, especially for Bradley fans. When we lived there, we attended every single year and usually walked away with several good auction items and a few great stories.
I'm glad you asked, sir!

There will be online bidding for the silent auction portion of the evening - possibly a shipping fee involved for sending stuff to you.

The live auction (around 15 items) won't have an online component, but I am more than happy to arrange a FaceTime bidding for any interested parties. Get in touch with me and I can set that up.

JMM28
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JMM28 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:28 pm

11 day bump. There are a handful of tickets still available for the auction. If you're interested in going, it is best to get registered ASAP because there is always a rush early in the week of the event that pushes the event close to sell-out status. This year will probably be a little sooner. 

Lots of great items to bid on this year - honorary coach for a couple different men's basketball games, a Famous Daves/Alexander's cook out at Coach Wardle's home, fantasy camp for the old guys, a very, very exclusive parking spot inside Carver Arena for men's basketball games (imagine not having to traverse through snow and wind to get into games), and a lot of other unique Bradley experiences available for bid. 

https://bradley.ejoinme.org/MyEvents/20 ... fault.aspx

Adam Duvall
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by Adam Duvall » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:19 pm

Where online are the silent auction items listed?

JMM28
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JMM28 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:24 am

Adam Duvall wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:19 pm
Where online are the silent auction items listed?
https://bradley.ejoinme.org/MyEvents/20 ... fault.aspx

95% of the items are currently listed. There are new things being added daily until the day before the event.

BradleyMathGrad
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by BradleyMathGrad » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:44 am

JMM28 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:53 am
PTHawkeye wrote:
JMM28 wrote:

I'm glad you asked, sir!

There will be online bidding for the silent auction portion of the evening - possibly a shipping fee involved for sending stuff to you.

The live auction (around 15 items) won't have an online component, but I am more than happy to arrange a FaceTime bidding for any interested parties. Get in touch with me and I can set that up.
So for online bidding, we basically just log onto the website during the event, and the current bids (both in person and online) will be updated in real time online and we can just bid until the event ends.

Is that more or less the general jist of it? I cannot make it in person but there are several items that I would like to bid on.
Remember that atmosphere when we played against Michigan, having a stretch of play where it actually got loud enough that we forced them to call Timeout.

Let's get back to that.

JMM28
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JMM28 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:41 am

BradleyMathGrad wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:44 am
JMM28 wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:53 am
PTHawkeye wrote:

I'm glad you asked, sir!

So for online bidding, we basically just log onto the website during the event, and the current bids (both in person and online) will be updated in real time online and we can just bid until the event ends.

Is that more or less the general jist of it? I cannot make it in person but there are several items that I would like to bid on.
Yes - you need to preregister for a mobile bidding ticket. There is a small fee that covers shipping and such. When the auction goes live, you'll be notified by text message with a link to the site. Everyone bids on the same mobile bidding platform whether you're Brian Wardle standing in the RC or Hersey Hawkins in Portland.

The live auction is in person. I am totally willing to arrange for a facetime proxy bid for someone - just get ahold of me on PM. The live auction items are:

Honorary coach v. ISU
Honorary coach v. Loyola *also senior night
Week in Hawaii
Dart board
Buffalo Lodge
Week in Florida
BBQ Steak-out with Brian
MVC Tourney package - team hotel, COY luncheon, VIP passes
Rice Pond Duck Club Dinner
Carver Arena indoor parking

BradleyBrave
All Universe
All Universe

Post by BradleyBrave » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:54 am

Be there!

Hottest ticket in town!
“Bradley is a dream job for me. Why Bradley? It’s very simple. I knew all about Bradley growing up. I played at Carver Arena a couple of times. We didn’t win those games, but I plan on winning a lot there in the future.” - Brian Wardle, March 27, 2015

JMM28
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JMM28 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:15 pm

BradleyBrave wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:54 am
Be there!

Hottest ticket in town!
Records shattered. Great time was had by all.