Mid-Illini 2019-20

For the civil discussion of large school boys basketball.
BLACK CAT
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Re: Mid-Illini 2019-20

Post by BLACK CAT »

Panthers missed free throws and blew lay-ups all night. You cannot expect to win against any team with that combination.
With the possession at the end of the game, down by 1 pt., I still cannot figure out why the ball was not in Vanderheydt's hands and they didn't try to get a shot in the paint. They didn't deserve to win. They were out hustled all night.
CosmoK
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by CosmoK »

Pekin 54 Washington 45
East Peoria 64 Dunlap 55
Morton 45 Metamora 44 OT
Limestone 33 Canton 27 Half
illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

Limestone 72 Canton 69
Ivermectin: a multifaceted drug of Nobel prize-honoured distinction with indicated efficacy against a new global scourge, COVID-19.
illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

Pekin 4-0
Morton 3-1
Metamora 3-1
Washington 3-2
East Peoria 3-2
Limestone 1-3
Dunlap 0-4
Canton 0-4

Unofficial.
Ivermectin: a multifaceted drug of Nobel prize-honoured distinction with indicated efficacy against a new global scourge, COVID-19.
deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

Anyone have a video of the winning shot ? After the basket, students rushed the court and there appeared to be an altercation. Hopefully nothing major.
go cubs go!
O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 »

deejay wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:38 am Anyone have a video of the winning shot ? After the basket, students rushed the court and there appeared to be an altercation. Hopefully nothing major.
The Metamora / Morton game?
I read the back of the Book, You lose.
Ripple Effect
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by Ripple Effect »

Panthers will struggle to finish .500 for the season. When the season started I thought they had a legitimate shot at winning the MI. I kept hearing how much they improved in the off-season. Not really seeing it now. Still young, though. With their most consistent shooting guard out for who knows how long, it’s gonna be rough. I can see 4-5th in MI.
Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal »

Metamora should’ve had the officials open the curtain in the second half like last year. I think the result would’ve been different.

Hope Washington does it. Metamora won a share of the conference title because of that.
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy
Sì Señor
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by Sì Señor »

Does anyone know the official standings to date? I was curious to see what the standings looked like after all the holiday tourneys.
Just move the games to the Ren Co already!
illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

Sì Señor wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:28 pm Does anyone know the official standings to date? I was curious to see what the standings looked like after all the holiday tourneys.
See December 21 post.
The holiday tournament games are not conference games.
Sì Señor
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by Sì Señor »

illini25 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:42 pm
Sì Señor wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:28 pm Does anyone know the official standings to date? I was curious to see what the standings looked like after all the holiday tourneys.
See December 21 post.
Ok thanks. When there are conference games in a tournament do those count twords the record?
illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

Sì Señor wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:54 pm
illini25 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:42 pm
See December 21 post.
Ok thanks. When there are conference games in a tournament do those count twords the record?
Rarely and usually when scheduled in advance such as in a round robin pool play schedule. Conference and teams agree in advance that game will count in standings.

With 4 Mid-Illini teams the Pekin Insurance Holiday Tournament always places one team in each quarter. They won’t play another conference team prior to their 3rd game. If things work out, none of them will play another MI team. This year it just happened that we ended up with all 4 MI teams playing another MI team in game 4. Fortunately the Big 12 matchup and the WB6 matchup was avoided.
Sì Señor
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by Sì Señor »

So as we enter the second half of the 19-20 season and a new year, what are everyones predictions on how the standings will end up?

Just a prediction:

Pekin
Metamora
Washington
Morton
East Peoria
Limestone
Dunlap
Canton

I was just thinking about this. Obviously this could take a major change but I think the back half is pretty set. Limestone, Dunlap and Canton will most likely be in the bottom three realistically.

I got a chance to watch Washington, Morton and Pekin at the holiday tourney. Pekin overall looked, out of those three, the best and most consistent. Washington did ok but as previously mentioned on this board, young and they are just a little up and down. Morton is in some sort of funk. They had a bad tourney and that could change easily in the MI schedule but they looked inconsistent and they have recently got beat pretty badly. But, again this could change quickly.

As for the other two. I haven't seen Metamora play, but based on some of their wins they seem like they should be at the top of the conference (again I really don't know much about them). East Peoria I do know more about and have seen them a few times. They look ok. They are kinda of feast or famine in a way when it comes to scoring. They took 3 out of 4 wins at Williamsville. They have got beaten by Metamora and Washington but they will likely be that dividing team between the top teams and the bottom teams.
superfan309
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by superfan309 »

Cristobal wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:44 pm Metamora should’ve had the officials open the curtain in the second half like last year. I think the result would’ve been different.

Hope Washington does it. Metamora won a share of the conference title because of that.
What is this referring to? Morton's curtain in end zone of court? How does that help? Wasn't there so just curious.
O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 »

superfan309 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:14 pm
Cristobal wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:44 pm Metamora should’ve had the officials open the curtain in the second half like last year. I think the result would’ve been different.

What is this referring to? Morton's curtain in end zone of court? How does that help? Wasn't there so just curious.
Visitors shoot with it open and students up there after halftime it’s closed.
I read the back of the Book, You lose.
wolverine55
Kryptonite Poster
Kryptonite Poster

Post by wolverine55 »

Anyone have any details to share on tonight's Washington-Quincy game? According to WGEM in Quincy, a total of seven technical fouls called on Quincy, including two and the accompanying ejection on head coach Andy Douglas :shock:
Not that I know of...
metfan
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by metfan »

[/url]t_id=1542858 time=1578120386 user_id=12361]
Anyone have any details to share on tonight's Washington-Quincy game? According to WGEM in Quincy, a total of seven technical fouls called on Quincy, including two and the accompanying ejection on head coach Andy Douglas :shock:
[/quote]

All I know is what I read from the Quincy Paper:

https://www.whig.com/20200104/technical ... o-panthers
"When you do what you love, and love what you do, you'll have success your whole life through!"
deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

Any thoughts who the officials might have been ?!
go cubs go!
wolverine55
Kryptonite Poster
Kryptonite Poster

Post by wolverine55 »

It just struck me as odd, because in watching the highlights on KHQA and WGEM it didn't seem like a particularly intense game. Thanks for sharing the article.
Not that I know of...
Bballnut

Post by Bballnut »

Bad officiating regardless, at some point the chirping has to stop. It apparently didn't. Bad image for the school(s) and the IHSA. Embarrassment comes to mind
The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.
illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

deejay wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:55 am Any thoughts who the officials might have been ?!
Watched WEEK tv highlights and I know two of the three. The official calling a tech in one of the highlights is the one I don’t know. Not sure who called the other SIX!

Washington plays a style that can infuriate opposing coaches and players and is difficult for officials to call. Guessing that is part of what happened.
CIS
All Universe
All Universe

Post by CIS »

Sì Señor wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:32 pm So as we enter the second half of the 19-20 season and a new year, what are everyones predictions on how the standings will end up?

Just a prediction:

Pekin
Metamora
Washington
Morton
East Peoria
Limestone
Dunlap
Canton

I was just thinking about this. Obviously this could take a major change but I think the back half is pretty set. Limestone, Dunlap and Canton will most likely be in the bottom three realistically.

I got a chance to watch Washington, Morton and Pekin at the holiday tourney. Pekin overall looked, out of those three, the best and most consistent. Washington did ok but as previously mentioned on this board, young and they are just a little up and down. Morton is in some sort of funk. They had a bad tourney and that could change easily in the MI schedule but they looked inconsistent and they have recently got beat pretty badly. But, again this could change quickly.

As for the other two. I haven't seen Metamora play, but based on some of their wins they seem like they should be at the top of the conference (again I really don't know much about them). East Peoria I do know more about and have seen them a few times. They look ok. They are kinda of feast or famine in a way when it comes to scoring. They took 3 out of 4 wins at Williamsville. They have got beaten by Metamora and Washington but they will likely be that dividing team between the top teams and the bottom teams.
Pekin has lost three in a row while Metamora looked impressive at the Bloomington Christmas tourney. I don't see Dragons winning over Metamora. In fact Washington seems to be coming on strong. It might be Metamora-Washington-Pekin or Morton - Limestone or East Peoria, Dunlap and Canton. Limestone had really impressive come back win over Richwoods last night. They might be putting some thing together...
crkamm
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by crkamm »

metfan wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:40 am
All I know is what I read from the Quincy Paper:

https://www.whig.com/20200104/technical ... o-panthers
Question: The QHS coach gets ejected at the start of the 2nd, yet admits he continued to coach at halftime, since when is this allowed? I thought gone meant gone.
THE LEGEND! As crowned by Johnny Mac
Scientifically proven to be 1.84 X more intelligent than the "Officially recognized Smartest Poster on the Boards".
jmc wrote:you were advanced for your age.
illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

“Reminder - any single flagrant act results in disqualification.
A single flagrant foul, the second direct technical foul or the third technical foul (any combination of direct or indirect) charged to the head coach results in ejection to the team's locker room or outside the building.”

It’s rare that a disqualification results in removal from the building.
crkamm
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by crkamm »

But is he still allowed to coach that game from the locker room? I thought that wasn't allowed.
THE LEGEND! As crowned by Johnny Mac
Scientifically proven to be 1.84 X more intelligent than the "Officially recognized Smartest Poster on the Boards".
jmc wrote:you were advanced for your age.