Mid Illini 17-18

For the civil discussion of large school boys basketball.
O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Re: Mid Illini 17-18

Post by O&B 78 »

Anybody know what the game times are for Washington at Canton Saturday? Both schools websites schedule show boys at 6:30 and girls at 7 both at the Ingersol gym
I read the back of the Book, You lose.
Avidhoops5
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Avidhoops5 »

Hmmm-- Iowa Interesting. Wonder if Fran McCaffery knows? I guess time will tell.
I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
Alexander the Great
illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

Morton 13-1
Washington 11-3
Metamora 10-4
Pekin 8-6
Limestone 5-8 (?)
Dunlap 5-9
East Peoria 2-12
Canton 1-13
Michelle Obama criticized Trump for utilizing cages that were built and used by ... Barrack Obama. You seriously can’t make this stuff up. . :lol:

It’s Barrack, not Barack. He built detention barracks so he should be called barrack.
deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

A friends works in Washington and has endured nine years with the Morton/Washington rivalry. He is mighty happy today being the only Morton guy who looked forward to going in on a Saturday at Uftring!
go cubs go!
Adam Duvall
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by Adam Duvall »

illini25 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:47 am Morton 13-1
Washington 11-3
Metamora 10-4
Pekin 8-6
Limestone 5-8 (?)
Dunlap 5-9
East Peoria 2-12
Canton 1-13
Limestone finished 6-8.
illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

Adam Duvall wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:50 am
illini25 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:47 am Morton 13-1
Washington 11-3
Metamora 10-4
Pekin 8-6
Limestone 5-8 (?)
Dunlap 5-9
East Peoria 2-12
Canton 1-13
Limestone finished 6-8.
Thank you, Adam.
Michelle Obama criticized Trump for utilizing cages that were built and used by ... Barrack Obama. You seriously can’t make this stuff up. . :lol:

It’s Barrack, not Barack. He built detention barracks so he should be called barrack.
Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie »

Too bad there was not a PJS reporter available for the Richwoods-Metamora game. Had there been fans may have learned that:

1. The Richwoods coach was ejected in the third quarter after his second technical. At one point the Washington A.D. had to come onto the court as the coach was refusing to leave, being held back by his assistants and a couple players.

2. While Metamora was shooting the technical free throws something was going on in the vicinity of the Richwoods bench. It is believed that this involved some fans and not the team.

3. The lack of sportsmanship then extended onto the court as at one point a Richwoods player went to the ground after committing a foul. The Metamora player he fouled reached down a hand to help him up only to me met by the Richwoods player swatting away his hand with an elbow...to the cheers to some in the Richwoods crowd. :oops:

My first reaction was, "Tell me again why the MI did not want anything to do with D-150 by adding them to the MI?"

Pretty sad evening. I had seen the Metamora-Richwoods games the previous two seasons (I missed the one earlier this season) and they were competitive by nothing like I saw last night. Sure hope this was an aberration and not a sign of things to come.
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher
deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

I saw a little bit of this with Richwoods when they played in the Pekin Holiday Tourney. Not sure if it was because they didn’t fare well or not, but the players, coaches and fans didn’t have a great tourney. Unfortunate.
go cubs go!
94 Knight
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by 94 Knight »

After years of bouncing around D 150 found the perfect conference. B12>MI.
Washington
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by Washington »

I will bet $100 dollars that one of the refs was a King twin!!
A couple things:
A player doesn’t want helped up by the other team. Your job is to knock them down!
Coach getting thrown out was completely a result of horrific refs working game.
As far as Mid Illni— didn’t Peoria Quest (1a) beat Canton, Dunlap, and played Washington to a 5 point game???
And by the way why do several district 150 players end up playing for the mid Illini coaches
Recruiting is alive and well across river!!
superfan309
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by superfan309 »

Washington wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:47 pm I will bet $100 dollars that one of the refs was a King twin!!
A couple things:
A player doesn’t want helped up by the other team. Your job is to knock them down!
Coach getting thrown out was completely a result of horrific refs working game.
As far as Mid Illni— didn’t Peoria Quest (1a) beat Canton, Dunlap, and played Washington to a 5 point game???
And by the way why do several district 150 players end up playing for the mid Illini coaches
Recruiting is alive and well across river!!
Wow this thread turned sideways. Not going to take the $100 bet.
Regardless of the refereeing you can't agree with that behavior. He is a professional teacher on the court.
Quest is good. Wonder what high schools each of their kids would feed into in D150.
Why do they end up in MI? It has to be more than recruiting.
Washington
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by Washington »

Quest r 3a players playing 1a. It is joke.
Most players that transfer from Peoria continue to live in Peoria. So I think we can rule out they moved over for the neighborhood experience. Brown started the process with
D. Edwards and continues.
Coach Smith is a good guy. I bet there is more to it than we know. I will find out Friday!!
illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

There has to be more to this than what has been stated here. What was described sounds out of character for Coach Smith.

I also know one Richwoods assistant well and he’s a high quality, character guy. I would have no problem with him teaching my kids. As a matter of fact, my kids were around him when they were little and I had no qualms about it.

Smik
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Smik »

The 1st T seemed warranted. From my vantage point the 2nd T came out of nowhere. The coach was shocked that it was called. Once it dawned on him that he was tossed, that's when he went nuts. King didn't call either T on the coach.
It was a very ugly situation as the fans in the crowd were set to blow. 2 women in front of me were F bombing and waving their magic fingers at everyone. The 11 year old girl that was with them took it all in stride though. It's too bad that a few idiots in the crowd will make such a lasting impression on so many.
Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie »

94 Knight wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:27 pm After years of bouncing around D 150 found the perfect conference. B12>MI.
Which is what I had been advocating for years! :td
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher
Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie »

Smik wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:42 pm The 1st T seemed warranted. From my vantage point the 2nd T came out of nowhere. The coach was shocked that it was called. Once it dawned on him that he was tossed, that's when he went nuts. King didn't call either T on the coach.
It was a very ugly situation as the fans in the crowd were set to blow. 2 women in front of me were F bombing and waving their magic fingers at everyone. The 11 year old girl that was with them took it all in stride though. It's too bad that a few idiots in the crowd will make such a lasting impression on so many.
My favorite part of the evening was at the conclusion of the game when the PA announcer thanked everybody for their good sportsmanship. If last night was good sportsmanship I would sure hate to see what the alternative looks like. :shock:
Baseball Junkie

Post by Baseball Junkie »

Reggie wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:49 am Too bad there was not a PJS reporter available for the Richwoods-Metamora game. Had there been fans may have learned that:

1. The Richwoods coach was ejected in the third quarter after his second technical. At one point the Washington A.D. had to come onto the court as the coach was refusing to leave, being held back by his assistants and a couple players.

2. While Metamora was shooting the technical free throws something was going on in the vicinity of the Richwoods bench. It is believed that this involved some fans and not the team.

3. The lack of sportsmanship then extended onto the court as at one point a Richwoods player went to the ground after committing a foul. The Metamora player he fouled reached down a hand to help him up only to me met by the Richwoods player swatting away his hand with an elbow...to the cheers to some in the Richwoods crowd. :oops:

My first reaction was, "Tell me again why the MI did not want anything to do with D-150 by adding them to the MI?"

Pretty sad evening. I had seen the Metamora-Richwoods games the previous two seasons (I missed the one earlier this season) and they were competitive by nothing like I saw last night. Sure hope this was an aberration and not a sign of things to come.
Im usually on board with your thoughts,but i didnt see the game the way you did. I thought the game was very poorly officiated against Richwoods myself. The sportmanship incident you speak of did happen at half court,but thats not a big issue to me as a fan. Kid jumped up and walked away after he tossed nice kid jesture to help him off floor. Nice jesture,but not a huge point in game. The incident near Richwoods bench was actually a Washington mother-fan(had a Washington shirt on) and went to sit in middle of Richwoods fans and start cheering for Washington. Again--not a huge deal to me but was entertaining to witness. Lady is lucky if you ask me. It was a bad game to view in stands with the amount of fouls called in the game. Richwoods got some calls late after they were down 14+ in 4th. Tonights game has kids represented from all over the area and might be a good one. Its kinda like Washington (Peoria)V Metamora(Washington via Canton and Peoria)--will make for good entertainment
Bballnut

Post by Bballnut »

Baseball Junkie wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:32 pm
Reggie wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:49 am Too bad there was not a PJS reporter available for the Richwoods-Metamora game. Had there been fans may have learned that:

Im usually on board with your thoughts,but i didnt see the game the way you did. I thought the game was very poorly officiated against Richwoods myself. The sportmanship incident you speak of did happen at half court,but thats not a big issue to me as a fan. Kid jumped up and walked away after he tossed nice kid jesture to help him off floor. Nice jesture,but not a huge point in game. The incident near Richwoods bench was actually a Washington mother-fan(had a Washington shirt on) and went to sit in middle of Richwoods fans and start cheering for Washington. Again--not a huge deal to me but was entertaining to witness. Lady is lucky if you ask me. It was a bad game to view in stands with the amount of fouls called in the game. Richwoods got some calls late after they were down 14+ in 4th. Tonights game has kids represented from all over the area and might be a good one. Its kinda like Washington (Peoria)V Metamora(Washington via Canton and Peoria)--will make for good entertainment
Think you got your teams/towns mixed up or I'm really confused as to what went on at this game :drunk :drunk
The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.
Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal »

There was a lot of crazy stuff going on during that game. The one incident I found interesting was a Richwoods women sitting in the band section front row was kicked out of the game. After arguing with the ref, she threw money at him. A recently graduate of Metamora, who was also in the front row several seats down, went over and picked the money up and took it back to his seat. The Richwood's husband of the ejected women was arguing with the kid about him taking the money. I guess that was a sign that Metamora bought the refs.

I will say a lot more happened that people didn't see.
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy
Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie »

Cristobal wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:58 pm There was a lot of crazy stuff going on during that game. The one incident I found interesting was a Richwoods women sitting in the band section front row was kicked out of the game. After arguing with the ref, she threw money at him. A recently graduate of Metamora, who was also in the front row several seats down, went over and picked the money up and took it back to his seat. The Richwood's husband of the ejected women was arguing with the kid about him taking the money. I guess that was a sign that Metamora bought the refs.

I will say a lot more happened that people didn't see.
Why throw money at a ref? Most of them take credit cards.
Baseball Junkie

Post by Baseball Junkie »

I did go to rematch of Met V Washington friday night. My thoughts are kinda the same on referees. They might be good referees but they dont work very well together. Is it the norm now forreferees to call fouls under the basket from 45 feet away while another referee is 4 feet away? And half court referee has players back to him--and calls hand checks? Game was tough to watch after 7 quarters of basketball and just 40 points. Best thing Metamora did all night was not guard Washington on perimiter. Washington wouldnt shoot and when they did,it was alot of clunkers.
Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie »

Baseball Junkie wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:57 pmIs it the norm now forreferees to call fouls under the basket from 45 feet away while another referee is 4 feet away? And half court referee has players back to him--and calls hand checks?
Among by biggest basketball pet peeves is when an official who is in perfect position and sees the play does not call a foul then another one from across the court without the best view comes in and whistles a foul. Sadly this applies at all level and not just high school.