Washington Coach Brown

For the civil discussion of large school boys basketball.
Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Re: Washington Coach Brown

Post by Cristobal »

O&B 78 wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 4:22 pm Hard to stay after what they are attempting to do. The bed has been made.
As my inmates say, "true dat".
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy
Useless Opinion
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by Useless Opinion »

I've watched a lot of basketball. Not many teams play as hard night in night out as Washington. I hope this gets worked out. Maybe Coach Brown makes a couple changes. I believe he can fix it if given a chance.
Mike Radigan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Mike Radigan »

Useless Opinion wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 4:56 pm I've watched a lot of basketball. Not many teams play as hard night in night out as Washington. I hope this gets worked out. Maybe Coach Brown makes a couple changes. I believe he can fix it if given a chance.
Maybe it's not broken.
#girldad
JD
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JD »

Some of the info I heard today was and is pretty disturbing. They need to do what's right, not popular
“Is a dream a lie when it don’t come true, or is it something worse?”
superfan309
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by superfan309 »

I would imagine that he gets reprimanded and monitored and it's business as usual
Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie »

JD wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 6:59 pm Some of the info I heard today was and is pretty disturbing. They need to do what's right, not popular
Are we getting into Bobby Knight territory where he was supported until a smoking gun surfaced?
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher
Avidhoops5
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Avidhoops5 »

Allegations legit or not this is a horrible situation for Washington that will take years to heal. Guessing there is some level of truth here or it wouldn't have gone this far. It was probably only a matter of time til something blew up considering the real or perceived tension over transfers. Kind of a perfect storm.
I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
Alexander the Great
O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 »

Avidhoops5 wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 8:47 pm Allegations legit or not this is a horrible situation for Washington that will take years to heal. Guessing there is some level of truth here or it wouldn't have gone this far. It was probably only a matter of time til something blew up considering the real or perceived tension over transfers. Kind of a perfect storm.
Complaining about transfers would be ironic.
I read the back of the Book, You lose.
Avidhoops5
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Avidhoops5 »

Yes complaining about transfers would definitely be ironic. Some may be moving on down the road to the north..maybe some back to Canton.
I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
Alexander the Great
MortonOutsider
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by MortonOutsider »

Avidhoops5 wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 9:38 pm Yes complaining about transfers would definitely be ironic. Some may be moving on down the road to the north..maybe some back to Canton.
Ironic that the Canton AD has his own new thread here as he moves to EP.
When some parents threatened him with transferring to Washington, he suggested they take Rt. 24.
iversonfan14
Grand Master
Grand Master

Post by iversonfan14 »

Don't know Coach Brown or anything about this situation but I've coached a lot myself and been around a LOT of different coaching situations. I agree that the world is definitely a lot softer now than what it used to be, however you have no idea what these kids deal with in their home lives. I have one buddy that attempted suicide because of a lot of issues with his dad (one of the big issues was his dad telling him he was stupid and would amount to nothing). So say he goes to practice and is being told the same thing...this could have a very bad ending. I understand that most of us had coaches that were probably worse in some sort of way. I played little league baseball for a guy that threw and kicked equipment (one hitting a player in the side of the head). During our pregame session if the outfielders made an error he would lace ground balls and line drives at the infielders to take out his frustrations. We were all petrified every time we stepped on the field. A guy like that probably shouldn't have been coaching us but no one did anything about it back then...that doesn't make it right.

How hard is it to coach, get the most out of your players and not degrade them?
buddyholly
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by buddyholly »

Anything new today about Brown? Seems like it has been a quiet topic today.
MortonOutsider
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by MortonOutsider »

Does anyone else think a crowd of 40 or 50 parents in a "closed" session of the school board is odd?
With that many folks all at the same time, it isn't really confidential, is it? Isn't that the purpose?
There was an old saying, three men can keep a secret of two of them are dead. 50 or 60 people? Not hardly.
Bballnut

Post by Bballnut »

MortonOutsider wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 7:08 am Does anyone else think a crowd of 40 or 50 parents in a "closed" session of the school board is odd?
With that many folks all at the same time, it isn't really confidential, is it? Isn't that the purpose?
There was an old saying, three men can keep a secret of two of them are dead. 50 or 60 people? Not hardly.
It wasn't all parents. Teachers and former players were allowed to speak too. Testimony, pro and con
The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.
buddyholly
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by buddyholly »

It just seems weird they left Canton for Washington. If you are not a fan of a coach who is tough then why come to Washington in the first place? They had to know Brown's coaching style years ago.
Oskee

Post by Oskee »

buddyholly wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 11:39 amIf you are not a fan of a coach who is tough then why come to Washington in the first place? They had to know Brown's coaching style years ago.
I had the same thought when this was coming out a week or so ago. It seems being "tough", "hard-nosed", "demanding"...turned into abusive? :(
buddyholly
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by buddyholly »

I just heard Washington will not fire Brown.
O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 »

O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 »

O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 »

Looks like there's going to be a couple transfers headed north
JD
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JD »

O&B 78 wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 4:21 pm Looks like there's going to be a couple transfers headed north
Some had already bought houses
Jeepin
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by Jeepin »

Next on the agenda for the board should be looking into the poor job the superintendent has done since being hired, managing his AD and parents with selfish agendas. When something escalates to this stage someone is not doing their job.
JD
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JD »

Jeepin wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 4:54 pm Next on the agenda for the board should be looking into the poor job the superintendent has done since being hired, managing his AD and parents with selfish agendas. When something escalates to this stage someone is not doing their job.
The AD who just won an AD award?
Reggie
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Reggie »

And thus concludes the dog and pony show.
I favor capital punishment. But there are alot of cases where I don't think capital punishment applies (parking violations) and cases where it should be applied (murder, child molestation, illegal HS football recruiting).- BirdWatcher
O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 »

Reggie wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 6:12 pm And thus concludes the dog and pony show.
And a new one begins... going to be interesting this new season when rivals meet.