The Washington Panthers

For the civil discussion of large school boys basketball.
Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Re: The Washington Panthers

Post by Cristobal »

Graves, that was wrong for telling your players to enter the locker room before handshakes. Poor poor poor.
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

Cristobal wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:26 pm
Graves, that was wrong for telling your players to enter the locker room before handshakes. Poor poor poor.
Full story?
Well it's all right, even if you're old and gray
Well it's all right, you still got something to say
Well it's all right, remember to live and let live
Well it's all right, the best you can do is forgive

Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal »

illini25 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:48 pm
Cristobal wrote:
Full story?
Washington wins a close game, the student section runs out to the players, the Washington boys go to shake hands with the Metamora players and they were gone. Graves sent the players in right when the student section came out. Couch Brown was the first to shake hands with no one to be seem. Zero class.

What I want to know is what Graves did in the first half to get a warning. He was in a deep argument with an official.
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

Anyone giving us info about game? I was at Morton and Washington. Potters won but not interesting as yours I bet!
go cubs go!

Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan »

Cristobal wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:55 pm
illini25 wrote:
Cristobal wrote:
Full story?
Washington wins a close game, the student section runs out to the players, the Washington boys go to shake hands with the Metamora players and they were gone. Graves sent the players in right when the student section came out. Couch Brown was the first to shake hands with no one to be seem. Zero class.

What I want to know is what Graves did in the first half to get a warning. He was in a deep argument with an official.
As soon as the student section rushed the court, it is only safe to have the team hit the locker room. You avoid any risks to the players that way either from a student doing something dumb or a player doing something dumb in response.
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

Cristobal wrote:
illini25 wrote:
Cristobal wrote:
Full story?

Thanks.

Just for clarity, did Washington play Metamora tonight? If so I assume you’re talking about Coach Grieves.

Could Grieves have thought his players were in danger?

On another note, Washington players once left court after an in-season tourney 3rd Place game before opponents received trophy. Washington coaches ended up retrieving kids from locker room to see other team get their trophy. Unfortunately things like this happen from time-to-time.

Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal »

illini25 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:07 pm
Cristobal wrote:
illini25 wrote:

Full story?

Thanks.

Just for clarity, did Washington play Metamora tonight? If so I assume you’re talking about Coach Grieves.

On another note, Washington players once left court after an in-season tourney 3rd Place game before opponents received trophy. Washington coaches ended up retrieving kids from locker room to see other team get their trophy. Unfortunately things like this happen from time-to-time.
Sorry Grieves. I knew that.

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

Cristobal wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:10 pm
illini25 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:07 pm
Cristobal wrote:

Thanks.

Sorry Grieves. I knew that.
No problem. I just wanted to clarify as I forgot they played tonight and then deejay said he was at Morton and Washington. I was getting confused! :lol:

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

Whoops ! My really bad Illini25. I meant Limestone.
go cubs go!

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

deejay wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:19 pm
Whoops ! My really bad Illini25. I meant Limestone.
I’m just easily confused. :P

superfan309
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by superfan309 »

Redbird CC Fan wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:06 pm
Cristobal wrote:
illini25 wrote:

Full story?

As soon as the student section rushed the court, it is only safe to have the team hit the locker room. You avoid any risks to the players that way either from a student doing something dumb or a player doing something dumb in response.
I agree. I saw the event. It appeared the teams and coaches were moving to shake and the student section caused the chaos.

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

Just think if cooler heads had prevailed and a compromise reached this last spring , Panthers would still have their point guard that they now sorely need. Instead seems like there is now some parity in the Mid-Illini this year.
go cubs go!

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

deejay wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:31 pm
Just think if cooler heads had prevailed and a compromise reached this last spring , Panthers would still have their point guard that they now sorely need. Instead seems like there is now some parity in the Mid-Illini this year.
Can't put that bullet back in the gun once its fired. People tried to get a guy terminated. It was pretty much over once the hand was played.

O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 »

illini25 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:17 pm
deejay wrote:
Can't put that bullet back in the gun once its fired. People tried to get a guy terminated. It was pretty much over once the hand was played.
And that guy is more valuable to the team then a point guard.
I read the back of the Book, You lose.

Bballnut

Post by Bballnut »

Transfers aside, there's a pretty good team walking the halls at WCHS. :shock: It is what it is
The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

JD
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JD »

Bballnut wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:25 am
Transfers aside, there's a pretty good team walking the halls at WCHS. :shock: It is what it is
And many will say the transfers are the very reason kids don't go out for the team.
“Is a dream a lie when it don’t come true, or is it something worse?”

Bballnut

Post by Bballnut »

JD wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:29 pm
Bballnut wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:25 am
And many will say the transfers are the very reason kids don't go out for the team.
I was talking about the kids who transferred to Metamora. We could use some depth to replace them and some pretty decent players are not playing. To me,the argument that kids aren't going out because of a couple incoming transfers is a cop out. To me, the bigger reason(s) is they don't want to buy into the "all in" philosophy that C Brown demands or the usual "gonna concentrate on football/sport of choice" reason
The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

Baseball Junkie

Post by Baseball Junkie »

O&B 78 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:16 am
illini25 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:17 pm
deejay wrote:
And that guy is more valuable to the team then a point guard.
i believe that statement to be true. I dont think Washington is a top 2-3 team in conference right now. But like years past,Brown will get em on a winning streak at some point. I dont see a post season run with this group though

superfan309

Post by superfan309 »

Any score for the Washington Dunlap game Metamora beats Limestone by 1

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

Potters down Pekin 51-41 I believe was the final.
go cubs go!

buddyholly
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by buddyholly »

superfan309 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:36 pm
Any score for the Washington Dunlap game Metamora beats Limestone by 1
Washington won 51-40

Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal »

Does anyone have any idea when Motteler is returning?

buddyholly
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by buddyholly »

Cristobal wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:59 pm
Does anyone have any idea when Motteler is returning?
Thought he was off the team and not returning

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

I can’t find it online to link it but check out Remember When 25 years ago today. Someone on Washington did some stat stuffing in a blow out win.

:lol: ;)

buddyholly
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by buddyholly »

illini25 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:53 am
I can’t find it online to link it but check out Remember When 25 years ago today. Someone on Washington did some stat stuffing in a blow out win.

:lol: ;)
Hard to believe that was 25 years ago.