Page 7 of 10

Re: The Washington Panthers

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:00 pm
by Avidhoops5
superfan309 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:32 am
deejay wrote:Havens and Dietz? I was told from relatives in Canton that both families went searching to play elsewhere after Canton 7th graders made it to state.
Yes families moved. Both played 8th grade at Washington Middle. Did not transfer directly to H.S.
It was after both playing their 7th grade year in Canton, being home schooled for a year and then enrolling in 8th grade in Washington when they should have been in 9th grade. #thatsafact

Re: The Washington Panthers

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:07 pm
by O&B 78
Avidhoops5 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:00 pm
superfan309 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:32 am
deejay wrote:Havens and Dietz? I was told from relatives in Canton that both families went searching to play elsewhere after Canton 7th graders made it to state.
Yes families moved. Both played 8th grade at Washington Middle. Did not transfer directly to H.S.
It was after both playing their 7th grade year in Canton, being home schooled for a year and then enrolling in 8th grade in Washington when they should have been in 9th grade. #thatsafact
Agenda? Sour grapes?

Re: The Washington Panthers

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:29 pm
by Avidhoops5
No agenda, just a fact that there are no regulations within the IESA bylaws that governs these types of things which may entice recruiting to occur prior to athletes entering to high school to avoid IHSA sanctions.

Re: The Washington Panthers

Posted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:49 pm
by O&B 78
Avidhoops5 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:29 pm No agenda, just a fact that there are no regulations within the IESA bylaws that governs these types of things which may entice recruiting to occur prior to athletes entering to high school to avoid IHSA sanctions.
You have only posted about Washington and obviously not a fan of theirs Is just a bit interesting. Good luck to your team in the post season if you're still playing.

Re: The Washington Panthers

Posted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:41 am
by Bballnut
Avidhoops5 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:29 pm No agenda, just a fact that there are no regulations within the IESA bylaws that governs these types of things which may entice recruiting to occur prior to athletes entering to high school to avoid IHSA sanctions.
So.... just how does the IESA/IHSA govern folks picking up and moving to a new district...? In this case, during junior high :scratch

Re: The Washington Panthers

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:11 pm
by buddyholly
Anyone know if Washington has gotten any new transfers coming in this year for basketball?

Re: The Washington Panthers

Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:26 pm
by O&B 78
buddyholly wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:11 pm Anyone know if Washington has gotten any new transfers coming in this year for basketball?
I heard that when Coach Brown went on vacation this summer to St Thomas he found triplet freshman brothers that are 6'10" to 7'1" and are already being touted as likely top 20 D1 prospects

Re: The Washington Panthers

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:53 pm
by superfan309
O&B 78 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:26 pm
buddyholly wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:11 pm Anyone know if Washington has gotten any new transfers coming in this year for basketball?
I heard that when Coach Brown went on vacation this summer to St Thomas he found triplet freshman brothers that are 6'10" to 7'1" and are already being touted as likely top 20 D1 prospects
No funny emogies so wondering what the above means?

Re: The Washington Panthers

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:44 pm
by O&B 78
superfan309 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:53 pm
O&B 78 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:26 pm
buddyholly wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:11 pm Anyone know if Washington has gotten any new transfers coming in this year for basketball?
I heard that when Coach Brown went on vacation this summer to St Thomas he found triplet freshman brothers that are 6'10" to 7'1" and are already being touted as likely top 20 D1 prospects
No funny emogies so wondering what the above means?
It means I didn't think I needed any, thought it would be clear enough without them. Dunlap did get a Russian transfer for football thanks to President Trumps connections though. Name is something like Manijeriski if I heard correctly.

Re: The Washington Panthers

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:26 pm
by illini25
Peoria Heights St. Thomas? Wow they got some tall kids!

Re: The Washington Panthers

Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:39 pm
by O&B 78
Atoning for his sins

Re: The Washington Panthers

Posted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:02 am
by illini25
http://www.pjstar.com/news/20170911/was ... es-to-grow

Playing 4A basketball in a couple years if projections hold true.

Re: The Washington Panthers

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:01 pm
by buddyholly
I've heard Washington has gotten a transfer from Decatur MacArthur named Adrian Williams. He's about 6-5 or 6-6.

Re: The Washington Panthers

Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:50 am
by buddyholly
TOC website says Williams is 6-7

Re: The Washington Panthers

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:29 pm
by BLACK CAT
Washington will have a decent sized front line this season. 6-8, 6-7, 6-6. Throw in a couple more 6-4 to 6-6. Not sure how deep this team will be but the eight or so kids that will be in the rotation, will be good.

Re: The Washington Panthers

Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:54 pm
by Reggie
illini25 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:02 am http://www.pjstar.com/news/20170911/was ... es-to-grow

Playing 4A basketball in a couple years if projections hold true.
Which means a brutal travel schedule for state events as Pekin fans are well aware.

Re: The Washington Panthers

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:04 am
by Cristobal
Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t a player need to have a certain amount of practice before the first game starts. If so, JJ might not be playing the big tournament. But then again, it would be nice to see JJ play up north and drive back home for the last game of the TOC.

Re: The Washington Panthers

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:42 am
by bluebomber
Minimum number of practices are only required by the IHSA for football. Individual coaches may have some guidelines for their program.

Re: The Washington Panthers

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:19 pm
by illini25
Reggie wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:54 pm
illini25 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:02 am http://www.pjstar.com/news/20170911/was ... es-to-grow

Playing 4A basketball in a couple years if projections hold true.
Which means a brutal travel schedule for state events as Pekin fans are well aware.
Washington staff actually ready for 4A as soon as 2018-19.

Two components at play. Washington’s enrollment and split keeps reducing as more schools enter basketball (new schools, etc).

Re: The Washington Panthers

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:31 pm
by O&B 78
illini25 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:19 pm
Reggie wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:54 pm
illini25 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:02 am http://www.pjstar.com/news/20170911/was ... es-to-grow

Playing 4A basketball in a couple years if projections hold true.
Which means a brutal travel schedule for state events as Pekin fans are well aware.
Washington staff actually ready for 4A as soon as 2018-19.

Two components at play. Washington’s enrollment and split keeps reducing as more schools enter basketball (new schools, etc).
Time to make 8 classes ;)

Re: The Washington Panthers

Posted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:47 pm
by illini25
O&B 78 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:31 pm
illini25 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:19 pm
Reggie wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:54 pm

Which means a brutal travel schedule for state events as Pekin fans are well aware.
Washington staff actually ready for 4A as soon as 2018-19.

Two components at play. Washington’s enrollment and split keeps reducing as more schools enter basketball (new schools, etc).
Time to make 8 classes ;)
That probably requires a peaceful, innocuous protest outside ihsa headquarters. :D

Re: The Washington Panthers

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:58 pm
by Cristobal
Where’s Mottler. Not even on the roster.

Re: The Washington Panthers

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:12 pm
by Bballnut
Cristobal wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:58 pm Where’s Mottler. Not even on the roster.
Heard a "violation "

Re: The Washington Panthers

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:38 pm
by Cristobal
Bballnut wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:12 pm
Cristobal wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:58 pm Where’s Mottler. Not even on the roster.
Heard a "violation "
That’s a hard hit for Washington.

Re: The Washington Panthers

Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:02 pm
by Bballnut
Cristobal wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:38 pm
Bballnut wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:12 pm
Cristobal wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:58 pm Where’s Mottler. Not even on the roster.
Heard a "violation "
That’s a hard hit for Washington.
Next man up. Don't believe he played vs Canton last week