The Washington Panthers

For the civil discussion of large school boys basketball.
O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Re: The Washington Panthers

Post by O&B 78 »

Cristobal wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:50 pm Coach Brown will be ready. He's an excellent coach who knows how to fill in the holes. Devin will still be there as a leader. Be ready for a couple of sophomores to dress up. Washington is deep in sophomores.

Crazy thing is, the exact same thing happened exactly one year ago to Washington.
Who's your pick to fill the hole?
I read the back of the Book, You lose.
Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal »

O&B 78 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:58 pm
Cristobal wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:50 pm Coach Brown will be ready. He's an excellent coach who knows how to fill in the holes. Devin will still be there as a leader. Be ready for a couple of sophomores to dress up. Washington is deep in sophomores.

Crazy thing is, the exact same thing happened exactly one year ago to Washington.
I would take Walters and Fisher off the sophomore roster and make them full time Varsity. Add them to the mix and rotate everyone until you find the right fill.

My wife and I were talking a couple weeks ago about who the new leader would be next year. We had no answer. Each year it's been cut and dry who was taking the roll. Now we may be getting a preview who it will be or at least a challenge of who will take on the roll. It's not just how you play on the court but off the court as well.
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy
Melo98
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Melo98 »

[/quote]

I would take Walters and Fisher off the sophomore roster and make them full time Varsity. Add them to the mix and rotate everyone until you find the right fill.

My wife and I were talking a couple weeks ago about who the new leader would be next year. We had no answer. Each year it's been cut and dry who was taking the roll. Now we may be getting a preview who it will be or at least a challenge of who will take on the roll. It's not just how you play on the court but off the court as well.
[/quote]

Just hope it's not Cortez Mosely! Haha, but for real though KB & the Panthers have had so much success at the expense of the D. Ruff and Central Lions; First his only trip to state tournament thanks mostly to Dyricus, then it's Devin, then Adrian, and Kameron. Panthers team aint nothin without the 3 headed lion they got right now.
Melo98
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Melo98 »

I aint tryn a hate but I jus no they got Tez on that recruiting grid as #1 for they class of 2019 :lol: fr fr where the IHSA at? We all know who bringin em across the river right now though. Jus take a hard look at they hole coachin staff he on it. He all over this young kids over here tryn recruit em over there talkn bout all the success they havin. They aint done nothin in pot season since Drycus been gone. I hope D Ruff gets a crack at em in March though
Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal »

Melo98 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:41 pm I aint tryn a hate but I jus no they got Tez on that recruiting grid as #1 for they class of 2019 :lol: fr fr where the IHSA at? We all know who bringin em across the river right now though. Jus take a hard look at they hole coachin staff he on it. He all over this young kids over here tryn recruit em over there talkn bout all the success they havin. They aint done nothin in pot season since Drycus been gone. I hope D Ruff gets a crack at em in March though
What????
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy
illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

Cristobal wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:39 pm
Melo98 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:41 pm I aint tryn a hate but I jus no they got Tez on that recruiting grid as #1 for they class of 2019 :lol: fr fr where the IHSA at? We all know who bringin em across the river right now though. Jus take a hard look at they hole coachin staff he on it. He all over this young kids over here tryn recruit em over there talkn bout all the success they havin. They aint done nothin in pot season since Drycus been gone. I hope D Ruff gets a crack at em in March though
What????
Crystal clear except I don't know who is bringing them across the river. I'm not aware of who is across the river all over the young kids.
Joe Biden: “We have put together I think the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics.”
O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 »

Or you could say since Roth left for Indiana
Melo98
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Melo98 »

[quote="O&B 78" post_id=1472543 time=1485832385 user_id=13796]
Or you could say since Roth left for Indiana
[/quote]

Please! They got there cause a Dyricus.
Melo98
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Melo98 »

Crystal clear except I don't know who is bringing them across the river. I'm not aware of who is across the river all over the young kids.
[/quote]

Look at the coaches staff hard
O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe

Post by O&B 78 »

Melo98 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:50 pm
O&B 78 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:13 pm Or you could say since Roth left for Indiana
Please! They got there cause a Dyricus.
If you say so Norman
superfan309
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by superfan309 »

Melo98 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:52 pm Crystal clear except I don't know who is bringing them across the river. I'm not aware of who is across the river all over the young kids.
[/quote]

I am 100% positive it is not Brown or E. Are you alluding to travel ball connections?

I saw DSE speak at WCHS one time speak to an audiance about how hard a decision it was to come to Washington. He said he lost many friends. His primary reason was he felt WCHS would prepare him academically for college. I am only repeating what he said. And he said he was right.
Melo98
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Melo98 »

[/quote]

I am 100% positive it is not Brown or E. Are you alluding to travel ball connections?

I saw DSE speak at WCHS one time speak to an audiance about how hard a decision it was to come to Washington. He said he lost many friends. His primary reason was he felt WCHS would prepare him academically for college. I am only repeating what he said. And he said he was right.
[/quote]

Ain't Brown. I heared dude jus gotta Private Investigator on it.
JMil684
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by JMil684 »

I'm sorry, but this is comical.

Guys transfer every year and just about every single team has multiple transfers in their starting lineups.

I didn't see Ruffin turning down Justus Harvey when he came knocking on the door.

This stuff happens. I'm not going to play the "this school is better game", but I know DJ Richardson didn't leave Washington to go to a prep school so he could get qualified to get into U of I.

Just saying...
Melo98
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Melo98 »

[quote=JMil684 post_id=1472913 time=1486131197 user_id=23785]
I'm sorry, but this is comical.

Guys transfer every year and just about every single team has multiple transfers in their starting lineups.

I didn't see Ruffin turning down Justus Harvey when he came knocking on the door.

This stuff happens. I'm not going to play the "this school is better game", but I know DJ Richardson didn't leave Washington to go to a prep school so he could get qualified to get into U of I.

Just saying...
[/quote]

it aint about jus kids transferin, Harvey was supose to be at Central any way. He shoudnt have been at Limo. Wahington has 3 Central Lions in they lineup. Also DJ left Central not Washington. We talkin recruting not transfring.
JMil684
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by JMil684 »

Melo98 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:08 pm
JMil684 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:13 am I'm sorry, but this is comical.

Just saying...
it aint about jus kids transferin, Harvey was supose to be at Central any way. He shoudnt have been at Limo. Wahington has 3 Central Lions in they lineup. Also DJ left Central not Washington. We talkin recruting not transfring.

First off....Devin Whitelow is not and never was a "Central Lion". His father purchased a house in Washington when Devin was in middle school. That was the choice of his family.

Secondly, I'm aware DJ left Central. It was actually a main point I was trying to make. DJ could not qualify academically to get into U of I while at Central and had to go to a prep school in order to get into college. How can you fault two kids who move onto a better academic and (most likely athletic) HS?

Yes, I'm well aware that a Washington staffer may have been involved in their decision making, but again, nothing new at Central. Shaun Livingston didn't end there all on his own.

I just don't understand why it's suddenly in issue when all schools in this area have benefited at some point or another.
illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

It isn't just now an issue. Talked about every year. Frequently Washington, often Limestone, last year Metamora, and others.

BTW, your Livingston argument really should be Richwoods. His residency was always legal and legit but could (should) have been Peoria High from the start.
Joe Biden: “We have put together I think the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics.”
JD
All Universe
All Universe

Post by JD »

We need to be careful about posting rumors.
“Is a dream a lie when it don’t come true, or is it something worse?”
Melo98
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Post by Melo98 »

[quote=JD post_id=1472953 time=1486151341 user_id=137]
We need to be careful about posting rumors.
[/quote]

that all dis thing is, how bow dah
buddyholly
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by buddyholly »

If I've done the math correctly, tonight Coach Brown got win #299 at Washington. He will go for win 300 at Limestone Saturday night. He is currently 299-77 at Washington.
Bballnut

Post by Bballnut »

Any word on D Whitelow injury situation?
The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.
Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal »

Bballnut wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:04 am Any word on D Whitelow injury situation?
We might see him play if he has a good visit to the doctor today.
illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

Cristobal wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:15 pm Don't want to go into detail but he will be out for awhile if not the rest of the season. He will still be able to play in college.
Missed 1 game?

Your post seems a bit dramatic now. :D
Bballnut

Post by Bballnut »

illini25 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:31 am
Cristobal wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:15 pm Don't want to go into detail but he will be out for awhile if not the rest of the season. He will still be able to play in college.
Missed 1 game?

If it was a concussion, I don't believe it was over-dramatic at all. One never knows with those things
The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.
illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

Bballnut wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:00 am
illini25 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:31 am
Missed 1 game?

If it was a concussion, I don't believe it was over-dramatic at all. One never knows with those things
I'm just glad he's ok.
raeja
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by raeja »

buddyholly wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:06 pm I transferred to Washington back in 92-93. Only played there my senior year and we kept our house in Pekin and me and my dad got an apartment in Washington. I have no problems at all with kids transferring in now. I hope it continues
It is all legal I am sure. However, I am glad my high school experience was one in which the kids on my team were the ones I grew up with and not a bunch of transfers. Same was true for the other teams in our conference. May sound old fashioned but I would rather lose with my friends than win with strangers.