Shot Clock Headed For Illinois High School Basketball?

For the civil discussion of large school boys basketball.
sshoopster
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Shot Clock Headed For Illinois High School Basketball?

Post by sshoopster »

GoBirdsGo
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Re: Shot Clock Headed For Illinois High School Basketball?

Post by GoBirdsGo »

Who the he!! does the IHSA suppose is going to pay for it??? Electric work, shot clocks, mounting, game day worker ..... $$$$$
If you're a Metamora Redbirds fan, and love all the new "Metamora Redbird" banners promoting not only Metamora Football, but the Metamora Redbirds, make a point to thank Cory Nelson. :shake
Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 »

I wouldn't think the game day worker part wouldn't be an issue. I'd think most of the scoreboard systems they have now have the shot clock on there so it'd just be one additional thing the person working it would have to make sure to do.
illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

Bluejaygrad03 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:38 pm I wouldn't think the game day worker part wouldn't be an issue. I'd think most of the scoreboard systems they have now have the shot clock on there so it'd just be one aadditional thing the person working it would have to make sure to do.
In a lot of cases I agree. Scoreboards that are more robust, for example ones that have player points and fouls, are fairly complex and it takes quite a bit of time for an operator to master operation. Even large schools usually only have one or two operators accomplished enough to use all functions.
Ivermectin: a multifaceted drug of Nobel prize-honoured distinction with indicated efficacy against a new global scourge, COVID-19.
squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Post by squirrel »

I wouldn't think all the mechanics necessary for college & pro hoops would be necessary.

I've seen some pretty cash-poor school districts with pretty fancy scoreboards, so getting a shot clock doesn't seem too big a deal to me. That's why you have boosters and sell sweatshirts and popcorn.

I would also think there are plenty of corporate/business sponsorship opportunities for such a thing.
"You're only as good as your last game in this business; always know that. You're never as good as you think, you're never as bad as you think." - Brian Wardle
illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

squirrel wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:34 am I wouldn't think all the mechanics necessary for college & pro hoops would be necessary.

I've seen some pretty cash-poor school districts with pretty fancy scoreboards, so getting a shot clock doesn't seem too big a deal to me. That's why you have boosters and sell sweatshirts and popcorn.

I would also think there are plenty of corporate/business sponsorship opportunities for such a thing.
Pepsi and Coke used to provide a lot of scoreboards for exclusivity. I think this is happening a lot less than it used to.
Ivermectin: a multifaceted drug of Nobel prize-honoured distinction with indicated efficacy against a new global scourge, COVID-19.
deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

Has anyone heard an update on this?
go cubs go!