Mid-Illini 2019-20

For the civil discussion of large school boys basketball.
Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Re: Mid-Illini 2019-20

Post by Cristobal »

Cristobal wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:31 pm
Correct me if I’m wrong but we should have a four way tie for first after tonight. That’s if Pekin won.
Disregard, I didn’t know Metamora played last night. There should be a 3 way tie. After tonight, the gap should be closed after the Washington/Morton game.
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy

Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal »

Said it last year and I’ll say it again. I don’t know why coaches don’t ask the officials to leave the curtain open the second half of a Morton game. It makes a huge difference how the game is played out.
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

Curtain was left open last night.
go cubs go!

Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal »

deejay wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:46 am
Curtain was left open last night.
Exactly. The coach requested it. Morton is dangerous with the threes but with the curtain open it changes the depth perception they’re used to. That help Washington considerably.

CosmoK
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by CosmoK »

Washington 63 Pekin 55
East Peoria 54 Dunlap 48
Metamora 44 Morton 42
Limestone 65 Canton 60
Last edited by CosmoK on Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal »

Does anyone have the rankings for the Mid-Illini. Should be around three games left. A lot of shift and movements this season.

metfan
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by metfan »

Cristobal wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:52 pm
Does anyone have the rankings for the Mid-Illini. Should be around three games left. A lot of shift and movements this season.
Washington 9-2
Metamora 8-3
Pekin 8-3
Morton 8-4
East Peoria 5-6
Limestone 5-6
Canton 1-10
Dunlap 1-10
"When you do what you love, and love what you do, you'll have success your whole life through!"

metfan
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by metfan »

Metamora has Pekin and Washington next weekend
"When you do what you love, and love what you do, you'll have success your whole life through!"

CosmoK
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by CosmoK »

REMAINING GAMES

Washington (Metamora,Canton,EP)
Pekin (Metamora,EP,Limestone)
Metamora (Pekin,Washington,Canton)
Morton (EP,Limestone,Dunlap)
East Peoria (Morton,Pekin,Washington)
Limestone (Dunlap,Morton,Pekin)
Canton (Dunlap,Washington,Metamora)
Dunlap (Limestone,Canton,Morton)

Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal »

Cristobal wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:00 pm
CosmoK wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:08 am
Dunlap vs Canton - cancelled on 1/17 due to weather

Unofficial Standings
Pekin 5-1
Morton 5-1
Washington 5-2
Metamora 4-2
East Peoria 3-4
Limestone 2-4
Canton 0-5
Dunlap 0-5

***** If I am wrong, please correct
Interesting 2nd half of the season.
Has been and will continue for the next two weekends. Playoffs should be interesting as well.

Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal »

metfan wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:42 pm
Two big games and two must wins. Should be interesting. To me, both games are a toss up.

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

IHSA sectional seeds:
Lincoln Sub-sectional B
Morton 8

Peoria Sub-sectional A
Metamora 5
Washington 6
Limestone 7
East Peoria 9
Canton 10

Peoria Sub-sectional B
Dunlap 9

Pekin Sub-sectional A (4A)
Pekin 2

Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 »

illini25 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:48 am
IHSA sectional seeds:
Lincoln Sub-sectional B
Morton 8

Peoria Sub-sectional A
Metamora 5
Washington 6
Limestone 7
East Peoria 9
Canton 10

Peoria Sub-sectional B
Dunlap 9

Pekin 2
Here's when and who those teams will play:

March 2nd:
-Washington vs. East Peoria, 7:00 PM, Metamora
-Dunlap vs. LaSalle-Peru, 7:00 PM, LaSalle-Peru
-Canton vs. Richwoods, 7:00 PM, Galesburg

March 3rd:
-Morton vs. Lincoln, 7:00 PM, Bloomington
-Pekin vs. East Moline United, 7:00 PM, Moline

March 4th
-Metamora vs. Central, 7:00 PM, Metamora
-Limestone vs. Manual, 7:00 PM, Galesburg

CIS
All Universe
All Universe

Post by CIS »

Cristobal wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:31 pm
metfan wrote:
Two big games and two must wins. Should be interesting. To me, both games are a toss up.
Pekin handles Metamora easily with 20 point win to get revenge for December loss to the Birds. Metamora also lost one of their top players for tonights game against Washington (one game suspension). Pekin will be haunted by their loss to last place Dunlap who has only ONE conference win...against Pekin! I said at the time it was not a good idea to have a TEN day layoff in the middle of the season and sure enough Dragons were very rusty against Dunlap. I would think the AD and coach would rethink that schedule glitch. This year, with eight seniors, was Pekin's best chance to win a conference title. The next few years do not look very good for the Dragons, the cupboard will be bare so to say! Washington, with all their young studs looks poised for a nice run...

Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal »

CIS wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:45 am
Cristobal wrote:
metfan wrote:
Pekin handles Metamora easily with 20 point win to get revenge for December loss to the Birds. Metamora also lost one of their top players for tonights game against Washington (one game suspension). Pekin will be haunted by their loss to last place Dunlap who has only ONE conference win...against Pekin! I said at the time it was not a good idea to have a TEN day layoff in the middle of the season and sure enough Dragons were very rusty against Dunlap. I would think the AD and coach would rethink that schedule glitch. This year, with eight seniors, was Pekin's best chance to win a conference title. The next few years do not look very good for the Dragons, the cupboard will be bare so to say! Washington, with all their young studs looks poised for a nice run...
This Mid Illini is so unpredictable. That’s why I said it would be interesting for the second half. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it like this before. Anyone can win on any given night. As for Dunlap, they’re not a bad team. They have challenged many teams and I can same the same for just about everyone else.

With an unpredictable Mid-Illini, it should make for an interesting playoff.

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

Cristobal wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:05 pm
CIS wrote:
Cristobal wrote:

This Mid Illini is so unpredictable. That’s why I said it would be interesting for the second half. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it like this before. Anyone can win on any given night. As for Dunlap, they’re not a bad team. They have challenged many teams and I can same the same for just about everyone else.

I think it’s called complete mediocrity. Look at the sectional seeds of Mid-Illini teams.
We will not have to fight you. We will so weaken your economy until you will fall like overripe fruit into our hands. The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Khrushchev ‘59

Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal »

I see what you’re saying.

CosmoK
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by CosmoK »

Standings with 1 game remaining

Washington 11-2
Pekin 10-3
Morton 9-4
Metamora 8-5
Limestone 6-7
East Peoria 5-8
Canton 2-11
Dunlap 1-12

rocketfan44
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by rocketfan44 »

illini25 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:40 pm
Cristobal wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:05 pm
CIS wrote:

I think it’s called complete mediocrity. Look at the sectional seeds of Mid-Illini teams.
There is a strong probability that none of the Mid Illini teams even reach a Regional Final in 3A this year.

Bballnut
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by Bballnut »

CosmoK wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:50 am
Standings with 1 game remaining

Washington 11-2
Pekin 10-3
Morton 9-4
Metamora 8-5
Limestone 6-7
East Peoria 5-8
Canton 2-11
Dunlap 1-12
Believe Wash is 10-2 with 2 games remaining (Canton on Tuesday, EP next Friday)
The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

CIS
All Universe
All Universe

Post by CIS »

That being said, I don't see Washington losing either game. East Peoria has played well in spots but I don't think they win over Washington. The gutty win over Metamora last night after being behind most of game, probably won the league title. And it has to be quite an emotional title with the passing of their coach last year. Pekin finishes second with win over Limestone at home next Friday. Morton probably takes third with Metamora sliding to fourth after back to back losses to Pekin/Washington this weekend. Yes, this was a really down year for the MI and it is quite possible that no team makes it to sectional. Pekin has a decent chance in their regional but they could also lose in their first game against East Moline. Washington is playing well and could maybe upset Notre Dame. For Washington though, it's not about this year. With most of their players being freshman, sophs and juniors, the next two years look really bright.

sshoopster
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by sshoopster »

illini25 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:48 am
IHSA sectional seeds:
Lincoln Sub-sectional B
Morton 8

Peoria Sub-sectional A
Metamora 5
Washington 6
Limestone 7
East Peoria 9
Canton 10

Peoria Sub-sectional B
Dunlap 9

Pekin 2
It appears the Mid-Illini isn't too highly regarded.

Bballnut

Post by Bballnut »

Well, the season finished Friday and no mention in either Saturday's or today's paper of conference winners or standings in either MI or B 12.Yet we get a full page on NASCAR today that I can read anywhere. Pitiful if you ask me
The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

Yes it is frustrating that after 2 days they can’t report something. Anymore i just go to MaxPreps to get the information. I wonder how much following the PJS will give us during the IHSA. They are busy selling newspapers at the tourney. Again, it is not the reporters, it is the owners of the newspaper that are responsible.
go cubs go!

CIS
All Universe
All Universe

Post by CIS »

It's pretty sad that you have 12 or so large schools in the Peoria metro area representing 13,000-14,000 students and population of almost 200,000 (Peoria-Pekin-Morton-Washington-Bartonville-Dunlap-Metamora-East Peoria-) and NO coverage of the last weekend of boys basketball (even a two team Mid Illini race on final night)....no coverage...zip...we do get coverage of tiny Lewistown for girls 1A (town of less than 2000) and not really in immediate Peoria area...I get it, the state tournament, they deserve some coverage but the PJS is ignoring 12 large high schools and the vast majority of the Peoria Journal Star population market...great strategy to get people to buy the newspaper