Richwoods Shootout

For the civil discussion of large school boys basketball.
CIS
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 3738
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:34 pm

Re: Richwoods Shootout

Post by CIS » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:08 pm

superfan309 wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:22 pm
illini25 wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:37 am
Wrap up.

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/20170604/s ... s-shootout

Metamora coach Grieves:
“We got beat by good Central and Lincoln teams who’ve been together for four years,” said Metamora coach Danny Grieves. “We’ve been together for four days. "
DG always finds a way to make a snarky remark when he could simply praise both teams.
I really didn't take his comment as "snarky". I took his comment as encouraging to his players and team. He said that Central and Lincoln were good teams but I think he simply meant that his team played well despite the fact that they are still getting to know each other. Sort of like this team is going to be really good when the players get used to playing together. And that happens when you have a busload of transfers coming in! :D (Now that is a snarky comment but I am just jesting) I saw no swipe at Central or Lincoln.

superfan309
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:04 pm

Re: Richwoods Shootout

Post by superfan309 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:09 am

Good points. I have been reading his quotes for years and I usually feel there is usually some type of excuse. Remember Macomb? 8 )

User avatar
UT Vols
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:37 pm
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Re: Richwoods Shootout

Post by UT Vols » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:15 pm

illini25 wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:36 pm
UT Vols wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:29 pm
Didn't notice any "transfers" for Metamora. Then again, I only watched them for about 3 min.
I don't know why I'm answering this ... :D

There were 2 transfers on court for almost the entire conso game vs Dunlap.
I didn't see the Dunlap game. I saw 2 minutes of the Richwoods game. Enough for me.
It's Football Time In Tennessee!!

CIS
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 3738
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:34 pm

Re: Richwoods Shootout

Post by CIS » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:10 pm

UT Vols wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:15 pm
illini25 wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:36 pm
UT Vols wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:29 pm
Didn't notice any "transfers" for Metamora. Then again, I only watched them for about 3 min.
I don't know why I'm answering this ... :D

There were 2 transfers on court for almost the entire conso game vs Dunlap.
I didn't see the Dunlap game. I saw 2 minutes of the Richwoods game. Enough for me.
UT - what do you mean "enough for me?"

User avatar
UT Vols
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:37 pm
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Re: Richwoods Shootout

Post by UT Vols » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:23 pm

Meaning that after 2 minutes, I hadnt seen enough to watch further. It was Richwoods JV, so it had no rhythm, IMO
It's Football Time In Tennessee!!

CIS
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 3738
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:34 pm

Re: Richwoods Shootout

Post by CIS » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:22 pm

UT Vols wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:23 pm
Meaning that after 2 minutes, I hadnt seen enough to watch further. It was Richwoods JV, so it had no rhythm, IMO
Oh I see. Yeah, a JV summer game can be hard to watch@ :)

User avatar
deadguy35
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 358
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:46 am

Re: Richwoods Shootout

Post by deadguy35 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:52 am

Adam Miller just received an offer from Kansas:



I still see him referenced as being from Peoria (Manual) so I guess we'll see if he's transferring or not.
Fear is failure, and the forerunner of failure.

superfan309
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:04 pm

Re: Richwoods Shootout

Post by superfan309 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:40 am

deadguy35 wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:52 am
Adam Miller just received an offer from Kansas:



I still see him referenced as being from Peoria (Manual) so I guess we'll see if he's transferring or not.
He must be having a great AAU summer. I saw him play twice last year with minimum effect on the game. I was looking for more, but he was only a freshman.

User avatar
deadguy35
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 358
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:46 am

Re: Richwoods Shootout

Post by deadguy35 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:43 am

Fear is failure, and the forerunner of failure.

User avatar
deadguy35
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 358
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:46 am

Re: Richwoods Shootout

Post by deadguy35 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:31 pm

Miller was a no show at this weekend's River City Hoops Festival:

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/20170624/s ... ams-go-3-0

I'm hearing that he just hasn't decided on which school he is going to transfer to. Bloomington is the most likely destination for him but he's looking at other schools as well.
Fear is failure, and the forerunner of failure.

User avatar
O&B 78
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 4544
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:22 pm

Re: Richwoods Shootout

Post by O&B 78 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:35 am

deadguy35 wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:31 pm
Miller was a no show at this weekend's River City Hoops Festival:

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/20170624/s ... ams-go-3-0

I'm hearing that he just hasn't decided on which school he is going to transfer to. Bloomington is the most likely destination for him but he's looking at other schools as well.
Any word why he wants to transfer? Wants to play at a larger school?
I read the back of the Book, You lose.

User avatar
deadguy35
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 358
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:46 am

Re: Richwoods Shootout

Post by deadguy35 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:55 am

O&B 78 wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:35 am
deadguy35 wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:31 pm
Miller was a no show at this weekend's River City Hoops Festival:

http://www.pjstar.com/sports/20170624/s ... ams-go-3-0

I'm hearing that he just hasn't decided on which school he is going to transfer to. Bloomington is the most likely destination for him but he's looking at other schools as well.
Any word why he wants to transfer? Wants to play at a larger school?
I never got a clear answer on this.

It might be a combination of a number of things. Manual lost a lot of talent last year. I've heard that he is close friends with Chris Payton and wants to play with him at Bloomington. Morgan Park has also been floated around since he plays AAU with Mac Irvin Fire and they are loaded with talent. I've also heard that he may land at a prep school although that is less likely now since La Lumiere had a coaching change.

He's taking this decision very seriously which is why nothing has been announced as of yet but I've heard that Manual is not an option at this point.
Fear is failure, and the forerunner of failure.

User avatar
UT Vols
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:37 pm
Location: Chattanooga, TN

Re: Richwoods Shootout

Post by UT Vols » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:08 pm

He's going to Morgan Park...
It's Football Time In Tennessee!!

Baseball Junkie
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:26 pm

Re: Richwoods Shootout

Post by Baseball Junkie » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:41 pm

UT Vols wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:08 pm
He's going to Morgan Park...
Im hearing Bloomington now. Who knows,sounds like Mom is shopping him around. Mother was on coach search committee and her voice must not of been heard. Why she was on committee is anybodys guess

User avatar
deadguy35
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 358
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:46 am

Re: Richwoods Shootout

Post by deadguy35 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:28 pm

Fear is failure, and the forerunner of failure.

User avatar
deadguy35
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 358
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:46 am

Re: Richwoods Shootout

Post by deadguy35 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:10 pm

The Richwoods Shootout is this weekend:

Fear is failure, and the forerunner of failure.

deejay
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 5276
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:16 pm
Location: Morton, Illinois

Re: Richwoods Shootout

Post by deejay » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:06 pm

Did Dunlap get another new coach or is Card back?
go cubs go!

User avatar
Bballnut
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:34 pm

Re: Richwoods Shootout

Post by Bballnut » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:27 am

Not a thing in paper about results. Anyone know how local teams did, especially Washington ?
The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

User avatar
deadguy35
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 358
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:46 am

Re: Richwoods Shootout

Post by deadguy35 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:21 am

All I could find was that Manual won the Shootout but got no additional details.
Fear is failure, and the forerunner of failure.

superfan309
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:04 pm

Re: Richwoods Shootout

Post by superfan309 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:54 am

I saw pictures on PJSTAR.COM, but no commentary.

deejay
All Universe
All Universe
Posts: 5276
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:16 pm
Location: Morton, Illinois

Re: Richwoods Shootout

Post by deejay » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:16 am

I know that Manual beat Lincoln in the final. Not sure what Lincoln has this summer and upcoming season. They lost a lot through graduation.
go cubs go!

USofA
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:29 pm

Re: Richwoods Shootout

Post by USofA » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:34 am

deejay wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:16 am
I know that Manual beat Lincoln in the final. Not sure what Lincoln has this summer and upcoming season. They lost a lot through graduation.
Lincoln lost one starter to graduation.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests