Big Thanks to Cristobal

For the civil discussion of large school boys basketball.
littlereddoggy
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Big Thanks to Cristobal

Post by littlereddoggy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:08 pm

I want to send a big thank you to Cristobal for helping the Redbirds to victory. His scouting report was spot on and helped tremendously. I always knew he was a Redibirds fan at heart.
The 7 Time Undefeated March Madness Bracket Pick-Ems Champion. Defeating GBG II with ease.
THE 2008 5A PICK EM CHAMPION

Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Re: Big Thanks to Cristobal

Post by Cristobal » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:03 am

As painful as it is, I’m glad Metamora won. I get so tired year after year of what Morton does before and during the game. Thanks to the officials for doing what was right and making the game a bit more on the same playing field.

Thank you mutt for talking to the coaches and making this happen. I’m glad you saw what happened. It made a huge difference in how Morton played.

Hopefully other coaches get wind of this and make sure things are getting taken care of. At least During the game.

Congrats on the win, as painful as it is for me to say that.
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy

superfan309
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by superfan309 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:12 am

Cristobal wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:03 am
As painful as it is, I’m glad Metamora won. I get so tired year after year of what Morton does before and during the game. Thanks to the officials for doing what was right and making the game a bit more on the same playing field.

Thank you mutt for talking to the coaches and making this happen. I’m glad you saw what happened. It made a huge difference in how Morton played.

Hopefully other coaches get wind of this and make sure things are getting taken care of. At least During the game.

Congrats on the win, as painful as it is for me to say that.
Could you catch us up on circumstances. I do know that from all the games I have been to over the years the Morton team never shakes hands with officials and opposing coach.

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:49 pm

I wasn’t at the game on Saturday, but I thinking it is amusing that in looking back at posts when Redbirds got a new coach, there wasn’t an opposing coach or official who really wanted to talk let alone shake hands. However winning cures all and now all is good. When you have the best team in the area, all bad is forgotten. No I am not at all anti anyone, just stating facts.
go cubs go!

Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:45 pm

I have to say it has nothing to do with shaking hands. It’s a psychological part of the game. I’m sorry I’m not replying to people but this is between the coaches and the officials. I know the Washington and metamora coaches know what’s going on now and I hope it changes to make it fair. Sorry for the confusion. Just trying to make it right.
Sooooooo close to our only perfect week with perfect dual tie-breaker point totals of all time. U sir are a freakin' genius!!! :smart ... :salute ... :notworthy

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:38 am

OMG. A grand psychological ploy! Diabolical!
This is imported Italian nylon and it's a special edition limited silk print and it was done by this really famous design artist.

superfan309

Post by superfan309 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:09 am

Cristobal wrote:
OK men. You posted this answer the question. Do DMs to each other if you don't want to discuss. I however find this fascinating as I have been going to mid-illini games for about 8 years watching my nephews and am really oblivious to your topic you posted.

The home teams do not hire officials like the old days so they are appointed by the officials association which would be should be random.

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:58 am

superfan309 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:09 am
Cristobal wrote:
OK men. You posted this answer the question. Do DMs to each other if you don't want to discuss. I however find this fascinating as I have been going to mid-illini games for about 8 years watching my nephews and am really oblivious to your topic you posted.

The home teams do not hire officials like the old days so they are appointed by the officials association which would be should be random.
Not replying is a psychological ploy designed to gain a posting edge over you.
This is imported Italian nylon and it's a special edition limited silk print and it was done by this really famous design artist.

superfan309

Post by superfan309 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:27 pm

illini25 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:58 am
superfan309 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:09 am
Cristobal wrote:

Not replying is a psychological ploy designed to gain a posting edge over you.
HMMMM I see....

Stinky Pete
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by Stinky Pete » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:11 am

illini25 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:38 am
It is like the Wizard of Oz, what is really behind the curtain????
"Don't mess with Stinky Pete!"

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:28 am

Stinky Pete wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:11 am
illini25 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:38 am
It is like the Wizard of Oz, what is really behind the curtain????
lol

I know the Morton band is good but I didn’t realize the band and their curtain were such intimidating factors.

Is that more intimidating than a screaming, yelling bully trying to intimidate officials?

:lol:

PotterPAGuy
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by PotterPAGuy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:33 am

Clearly, we have been light years ahead of everyone else in terms of psychological games. I mean Arizona State's "Curtain of Distraction" has nothing on us. :roll:

I better be thinking of some mind games I can do behind the microphone to mess with the minds of the East Peoria players on Friday night. I'll get right to work on that. :gagl

Ironically, we have lost 3 straight at home because other teams have played a lot better than we have. Pekin didn't seem to have any problems with the shooting background in a 64-40 romp two weeks ago. Neither did Washington when they regularly rolled us in the late 2000s.

Who would have thought that all of these years that Morton's home record had more to do with the band on the stage than the team on the floor? :lol:
University of Alabama Crimson Tide Football
National Champions: 1925, 1926, 1930, 1934, 1941, 1961, 1964, 1965, 1973, 1978, 1979, 1992, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, & 2017

BIRDGRAD87
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by BIRDGRAD87 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:10 am

PotterPAGuy wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:33 am
Clearly, we have been light years ahead of everyone else in terms of psychological games. I mean Arizona State's "Curtain of Distraction" has nothing on us. :roll:

I better be thinking of some mind games I can do behind the microphone to mess with the minds of the East Peoria players on Friday night. I'll get right to work on that. :gagl

Ironically, we have lost 3 straight at home because other teams have played a lot better than we have. Pekin didn't seem to have any problems with the shooting background in a 64-40 romp two weeks ago. Neither did Washington when they regularly rolled us in the late 2000s.

Who would have thought that all of these years that Morton's home record had more to do with the band on the stage than the team on the floor? :lol:
Just do not go all South Elgin on us, I still can't get those calls out of my head and that was many moons ago :shock:
Playoffs 1975-81,84,88,90,94-2012,14,15,16,18
Quarterfinals 1975-77,79,80,95-02,04,06-10,16
Semifinal 1975,76,77,95,96,97,99,2000,01,06,07,08,09,10
State Final 1975,76,77,96,97,99,2000,07,08,09
State Champion 1975,2007,2009

Bballnut

Post by Bballnut » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:08 pm

I may be the only one but I am :scratch :drunk
The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.

quince

Post by quince » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:30 pm

Bballnut wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:08 pm
I may be the only one but I am :scratch :drunk
You're definitely not the only one.

Cristobal
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by Cristobal » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:03 pm

PotterPAGuy wrote:

By the way. Did you change hats.

littlereddoggy
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by littlereddoggy » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:24 pm

PotterPAGuy wrote:

Its funny how you say it didn't have any effect, but when the issue was fixed Morton struggled mightily. It had an effect, otherwise Morton wouldn't have done it for all these years. The problem isn't the band. You know what it was as we talked that night.
I would love to see you do some mind games from behind the microphone. That would be classic!!!!
My original intent of this post was to thank Cristobal for being a Redbirds fan. I would never want to start drama on the boards. :lol:
The 7 Time Undefeated March Madness Bracket Pick-Ems Champion. Defeating GBG II with ease.
THE 2008 5A PICK EM CHAMPION

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:17 pm

No drama?

Area high school ball has nothing but drama. I’m just glad this year’s drama revolves around a stage curtain rather than transfer talk.

:lol:

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:56 pm

I guess I spoke too early about the lack of transfer talk.

:P

quince

Post by quince » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:12 pm

illini25 wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:56 pm
I guess I spoke too early about the lack of transfer talk.

:P
Well, it’s either that, or start a thread about something super vague and watch guys talk around stuff. That’s very interesting.