Galesburg Silver Streaks 2018-'19: Previews, Game Summaries, Stats

For the civil discussion of girls basketball.
gbbfan1
Platinum Poster (1000 posts)

Re: Galesburg Silver Streaks 2018-'19: Previews, Game Summaries, Stats

Post by gbbfan1 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:07 pm

Streaks Offense School
https://www.galesburg.com/sports/201903 ... nse-school

The people who aren't willing to make the necessary commitment to basketball need to be weeded out as soon as possible. This stipulation should cull the herd down to only those who are serious. Having a small number of dedicated people is far more important the simply numbers.

gbbfan1

Re: Galesburg Silver Streaks 2018-'19: Previews, Game Summaries, Stats

Post by gbbfan1 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:30 pm

Basketball demands exceptional commitment.

“Basketball is a game of mistakes. The team making the fewest mistakes is going to be the team that wins. I don’t think that a team ever plays extremely well. I think it just makes less mistakes than the other team makes. I think basketball is almost an impossible game to play well because there’s so much quick change. You don’t have a huddle, you don’t go in for a break between innings, you don’t send up pinch hitters and designated hitters, and you don’t have punters and placekickers. Everybody’s gotta do everything in the game. They gotta shoot it, dribble it, pass it, catch it, rebound it, defend against it. The skills go right through the entire team, and they’re all the same, and they’re all necessary. So I think that in looking at the game of basketball, you’re looking at what I believe is the hardest team game by far in the world to play because of the court dimensions, the size of the players, and the time involved in going quickly from one phase of it to another.”-Bob Knight