New Coach in DM

For the civil discussion of small school football.
Bresquire
Silver Poster (250 posts)

New Coach in DM

Post by Bresquire »

DeeMack is hiring Canton's current Head Coach, Cody Myers.
Didn't know DM was looking for a coach, any details?

Bresquire
Respect the stripes!
deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Re: New Coach in DM

Post by deejay »

Job Lindbloom stepped down as coach, but remains on staff as a teacher. Heard several outsiders applied, but current staff were favorites to take over since no teaching position was open. Things changed I presume. IMO this is a great move to get Cody.
go cubs go!
deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

Cody versus Hal Chido in game 1. Will be interesting matchup.
go cubs go!
deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

With the upcoming schedule, DeeMack needed this win. On road and beating Hal Chido couldn’t get any better than that!
go cubs go!
Butler Blue
Platinum Poster (1000 posts)

Post by Butler Blue »

deejay wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:04 am With the upcoming schedule, DeeMack needed this win. On road and beating Hal Chido couldn’t get any better than that!
When and where is the Tremont game?
GoBirdsGo
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by GoBirdsGo »

Butler Blue wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:19 pm
deejay wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:04 am With the upcoming schedule, DeeMack needed this win. On road and beating Hal Chido couldn’t get any better than that!
When and where is the Tremont game?
Dee-Mack @ Tremont October 1.
If you're a Metamora Redbirds fan, and love all the new "Metamora Redbird" banners promoting not only Metamora Football, but the Metamora Redbirds, make a point to thank Cory Nelson. :shake
deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

Nice article on Tremont football today. Those from DeeMack who remember Zack said it would take four years to build a solid program at Tremont. Looks like it built it the Jim McDonald way, a big running back, strong line and defense. As for DeeMack, they have Ottawa Marquette on the schedule and OM has 4 teams from the HOI on their schedule. Did their conference go belly up?
go cubs go!
Butler Blue

Post by Butler Blue »

deejay wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:55 am Nice article on Tremont football today. Those from DeeMack who remember Zack said it would take four years to build a solid program at Tremont. Looks like it built it the Jim McDonald way, a big running back, strong line and defense. As for DeeMack, they have Ottawa Marquette on the schedule and OM has 4 teams from the HOI on their schedule. Did their conference go belly up?
Yeah, when you can get a 6' 2", 235 pound running back and a 6' 5", 230 pound tight end at a school Tremont's size, it certainly creates some challenges for defenses.
GoBirdsGo
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by GoBirdsGo »

Butler Blue wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:43 pm
deejay wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:55 am Nice article on Tremont football today. Those from DeeMack who remember Zack said it would take four years to build a solid program at Tremont. Looks like it built it the Jim McDonald way, a big running back, strong line and defense. As for DeeMack, they have Ottawa Marquette on the schedule and OM has 4 teams from the HOI on their schedule. Did their conference go belly up?
Yeah, when you can get a 6' 2", 235 pound running back and a 6' 5", 230 pound tight end at a school Tremont's size, it certainly creates some challenges for defenses.
I've seen Tremont this year and those two are "As Advertised", both sides of the ball. They'd start for any team in the Mid Illini. I know I'd love to see 'em both in a Redbirds uni.

Not to slight any other Turks players, IMHO, as a team, they are for real and have many gamers!!
If you're a Metamora Redbirds fan, and love all the new "Metamora Redbird" banners promoting not only Metamora Football, but the Metamora Redbirds, make a point to thank Cory Nelson. :shake
bravesfan69

Post by bravesfan69 »

Sounds like Tremont took a beating tonight. Wow.
JackieMoonFan
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by JackieMoonFan »

I attended the game last night at Dee-Mack's new football stadium and it was my first time at the new facility. The artificial turf with the DM logo in the center and red endzones looked outstanding. It is a very nice looking field. Add in the entrance gateway and ticket building along with the large concessions/restroom structure, this is a really nice facility. The pork chop sandwiches and popcorn were also top notch.
MidstateFan
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by MidstateFan »

JackieMoonFan wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:14 pm I attended the game last night at Dee-Mack's new football stadium and it was my first time at the new facility. The artificial turf with the DM logo in the center and red endzones looked outstanding. It is a very nice looking field. Add in the entrance gateway and ticket building along with the large concessions/restroom structure, this is a really nice facility. The pork chop sandwiches and popcorn were also top notch.
I agree. Dee-Mack did a very good job with the facility, especially considering their space constraints.
GoBirdsGo
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by GoBirdsGo »

JackieMoonFan wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:14 pm I attended the game last night at Dee-Mack's new football stadium and it was my first time at the new facility. The artificial turf with the DM logo in the center and red endzones looked outstanding. It is a very nice looking field. Add in the entrance gateway and ticket building along with the large concessions/restroom structure, this is a really nice facility.
The LED stadium lights are also over-the-top amazing. I've been all over this state for HS Football, 1A-8A, DM Stadium only one I've been to with LED lights.

Along with Maroa-Forsythe, nicest small school football stadiums in the state. At least that I've been to.
JackieMoonFan wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:14 pmThe pork chop sandwiches and popcorn were also top notch.
Yeah, they're killer!! .......well, almost. :medic :help :gagl

FWIW, and I know DM folks will think I'm nuts, I love The Concrete Jungle better than the new digs.
BDub5

Post by BDub5 »

Princeville and Chillicothe both have LED lights starting a couple years ago, even have the kickoff lights. Princeville has really upgraded their facility with a brand new 8 lane track, storage sheds, redone popcorn stand, etc... Great small school football atmosphere.

I think Pekin put in LED lights starting this season.
GoBirdsGo
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by GoBirdsGo »

BDub5 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:35 am Princeville and Chillicothe both have LED lights starting a couple years ago, even have the kickoff lights. Princeville has really upgraded their facility with a brand new 8 lane track, storage sheds, redone popcorn stand, etc... Great small school football atmosphere.

I believe the last time I went to a Princeville game was 2018 playoff. Upgrades were done after 2018 playoffs??

I believe 2019 was last time I went to IVC football game. Those are led's?? I didn't realize it.

FYI ... Been all over this state for HS Football, 1A-8A, Princeville best popcorn I have ever had(4 bag night) and most effeciently run concessions, IMHO. The system they have for cooking brats, chops, turkeys, etc, is a thing of beauty.
JackieMoonFan
Regular (25 posts)
Regular (25 posts)

Post by JackieMoonFan »

GoBirdsGo wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:52 pm
BDub5 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:35 am Princeville and Chillicothe both have LED lights starting a couple years ago, even have the kickoff lights. Princeville has really upgraded their facility with a brand new 8 lane track, storage sheds, redone popcorn stand, etc... Great small school football atmosphere.

I believe the last time I went to a Princeville game was 2018 playoff. Upgrades were done after 2018 playoffs??

I believe 2019 was last time I went to IVC football game. Those are led's?? I didn't realize it.

FYI ... Been all over this state for HS Football, 1A-8A, Princeville best popcorn I have ever had(4 bag night) and most effeciently run concessions, IMHO. The system they have for cooking brats, chops, turkeys, etc, is a thing of beauty.
Thanks for the Princeville popcorn tip! 1 bag per quarter, nothing wrong with that. I can put away some popcorn myself. :bounce
deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

A great win at Tremont last night! Cody has a lot of sophomores on this team.
go cubs go!
illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

Please stay away from the pork chop stand, my man!

Sorry … couldn’t resist. :P
Ivermectin: a multifaceted drug of Nobel prize-honoured distinction with indicated efficacy against a new global scourge, COVID-19.
deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

Jon said pork chop was really good. It’s now called the GBG Chop! Great win last night against LeRoy. We were trying to figure out why LeRoy tried a fake punt with the lead, at their own 30 in territory midway in 4th quarter. It was blown up, DCM scored and held on for the win.
go cubs go!
illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

deejay wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:57 pm Jon said pork chop was really good. It’s now called the GBG Chop! Great win last night against LeRoy. We were trying to figure out why LeRoy tried a fake punt with the lead, at their own 30 in territory midway in 4th quarter. It was blown up, DCM scored and held on for the win.
:lol:
Ivermectin: a multifaceted drug of Nobel prize-honoured distinction with indicated efficacy against a new global scourge, COVID-19.
BDub5

Post by BDub5 »

They were upgraded after the 2018 season. Brand new all weather 8 lane track with LED lights inclduding the kickoff lights. Popcorn stand was even redone as well.
GoBirdsGo
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by GoBirdsGo »

deejay wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:57 pm Jon said pork chop was really good. It’s now called the GBG Chop!
:drop

Wow, deejay, just wow. :evil:

;)
GoBirdsGo
DieHard (50 posts)
DieHard (50 posts)

Post by GoBirdsGo »

BDub5 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:00 pm

They were upgraded after the 2018 season. Brand new all weather 8 lane track with LED lights inclduding the kickoff lights. Popcorn stand was even redone as well.
That is amazing BDub5. I definitely need to make the trip soon to check it all out.