LOCAL SCHOOLS

For the civil discussion of high school sports.
Youngblood
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

LOCAL SCHOOLS

Post by Youngblood »

I recently read where Metamora and Washington have had big increases in population. Could this be part of the reason? I did a little research today and was shocked. I guess not really shocked but I was shocked.

School populations
Pekin 1780
Washington 1370
Dunlap 1301
Peoria High 1205
East Peoria 997
Morton 963
Metamora 952
Limestone 950
Canton 687

* Washington (1370 students ) and Metamora ( 952 students ) have had the biggest increases over the past years as far as student populations go. JS said like 6% increases

* Pekin (1780 students ) had a big decline in its student population.1780 students? I REMEMBER BACK IN THE DAY WHEN THEY WERE PUSHING 2800 plus maybe THIS WAS A SHOCK TO ME I always thought Pekin had a strong community good sports and I thought better schools.

* Limestone had surprisingly higher score reports than originally thought

* WHAT are people looking for in their community?
* school academics?
* school sports?
* strong communities?
* safe communities?

Manual Academy is a public school located in PEORIA, IL. It has 596 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 2% of students are at least proficient in math and 3% in reading.

Peoria High School is a public school located in PEORIA, IL. It has 1,205 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 4% of students are at least proficient in math and 6% in reading.

Peoria Heights High School is a public school located in PEORIA HEIGHTS, IL. It has 207 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.

East Peoria High School is a public school located in EAST PEORIA, IL. It has 997 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 23% of students are at least proficient in math and 24% in reading.

Pekin Community High School is a public school located in PEKIN, IL. It has 1,780 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 31% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.

Canton High School is a public school located in CANTON, IL. It has 687 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.

Limestone Community High School District No. 310 is a public school district located in PEORIA, IL. It has 950 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.

Metamora High School is an above average, public school located in METAMORA, IL. It has 952 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.

Richwoods High School is a highly rated, public school located in PEORIA, IL. It has 1,333 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.

Washington Community High School is a highly rated, public school located in WASHINGTON, IL. It has 1,370 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.

Morton Community Unit School District No. 709 is a highly rated, public school district located in MORTON, IL. It has 3,132 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.

Dunlap High School ( 1301 students ) is a top-rated, public school located in DUNLAP, IL. It has 1,301 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 63% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
Youngblood
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Re: LOCAL SCHOOLS

Post by Youngblood »

Youngblood wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:59 pm I recently read where Metamora and Washington have had big increases in population. Could this be part of the reason? I did a little research today and was shocked. I guess not really shocked but I was shocked.

DISTRICT POPULATIONS a little harder to find with so many different feeders and separate districts
PEORIA PUBLIC SCHOOLS 12,924
PEKIN 5267 that is the high school and 108, not the other feeders
Bloomington 5208
DUNLAP 4592
Morton 3132
Metamora 2688 includes Germantown Hills

School populations
Normal Community 2074
Moline 2085
Pekin 1780
Normal West 1635
Rock Island 1612
Bloomington 1432
Washington 1370
Richwoods 1333
Dunlap 1301
Peoria High 1205
East Peoria 997
Morton 963
Metamora 952
Limestone 950
Canton 687
Manual 596

* Washington (1370 students ) and Metamora ( 952 students ) have had the biggest increases over the past years as far as student populations go. JS said like 6% increases

* Pekin (1780 students ) had a big decline in its student population.1780 students? I REMEMBER BACK IN THE DAY WHEN THEY WERE PUSHING 2800 plus maybe THIS WAS A SHOCK TO ME I always thought Pekin had a strong community good sports and I thought better schools.

* school academics?
* school sports?
* strong communities?
* safe communities?

Manual Academy is a public school located in PEORIA, IL. It has 596 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 2% of students are at least proficient in math and 3% in reading.

Peoria High School is a public school located in PEORIA, IL. It has 1,205 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 4% of students are at least proficient in math and 6% in reading.

Peoria Heights High School is a public school located in PEORIA HEIGHTS, IL. It has 207 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.

East Peoria High School is a public school located in EAST PEORIA, IL. It has 997 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 23% of students are at least proficient in math and 24% in reading.

Pekin Community High School is a public school located in PEKIN, IL. It has 1,780 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 31% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.

Canton High School is a public school located in CANTON, IL. It has 687 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.

Limestone Community High School District No. 310 is a public school district located in PEORIA, IL. It has 950 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.

Metamora High School is an above average, public school located in METAMORA, IL. It has 952 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.

Richwoods High School is a highly rated, public school located in PEORIA, IL. It has 1,333 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.

Washington Community High School is a highly rated, public school located in WASHINGTON, IL. It has 1,370 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.

Morton Community Unit School District No. 709 is a highly rated, public school district located in MORTON, IL. It has 3,132 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.

Dunlap High School ( 1301 students ) is a top-rated, public school located in DUNLAP, IL. It has 1,301 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 63% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
Butler Blue
Platinum Poster (1000 posts)
Platinum Poster (1000 posts)

Post by Butler Blue »

Youngblood wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:59 pm I recently read where Metamora and Washington have had big increases in population. Could this be part of the reason? I did a little research today and was shocked. I guess not really shocked but I was shocked.

School populations
Pekin 1780
Washington 1370
Dunlap 1301
Peoria High 1205
East Peoria 997
Morton 963
Metamora 952
Limestone 950
Canton 687

* school academics?
* school sports?
* strong communities?
* safe communities?

Looks like Morton should change their school nickname to the Book Worms.
Youngblood
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by Youngblood »

Then what do you call Central and Manual? Between the two NOBODY CAN READ OR DO MATH.
oftenrunning52
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by oftenrunning52 »

Youngblood wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:35 am Then what do you call Central and Manual? Between the two NOBODY CAN READ OR DO MATH.
I would call this generously an unfair statement.
Dunlap Eagles
2011 and 2012 Mid-Illini Boys Cross Country Champions
2012-2019, 2021 Mid-Illini Girls Cross Country Champions
2014 3rd place and 2016 2nd place Girls 2A IHSA Cross Country
2017 Girls IHSA Cross Country State Champions
young guns
Silver Poster (250 posts)
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by young guns »

School populations
Pekin 1780
Washington 1370
Dunlap 1301
Peoria High 1205
East Peoria 997
Morton 963
Metamora 952
Limestone 950
Canton 687

* school academics?
* school sports?
* strong communities?
* safe communities?

I looked at all this information about 15 years ago and Dunlap was at the top or near the top then. But what got my attention was the fact they were doing it while spending less $$ per student than any other school in the area.