This is overdue and about time ....

For the civil discussion of high school sports.
MetamoraRedbirds
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

This is overdue and about time ....

Post by MetamoraRedbirds »

.... someone has some common sense.

https://www.newsmax.com/us/tulsi-gabbar ... d/1001081/
God bless President Trump!!! ..... 2-0
crkamm
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Re: This is overdue and about time ....

Post by crkamm »

I was shocked when I saw this came from a Democrat. Until I read further and saw she didn't run for reelection and is out next month.
THE LEGEND! As crowned by Johnny Mac
Scientifically proven to be 1.84 X more intelligent than the "Officially recognized Smartest Poster on the Boards".
jmc wrote:you were advanced for your age.
MetamoraRedbirds
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Biden hasn't even been president for one day and already he's a joke of a president.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... rls-sports
tombs14
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tombs14 »

MetamoraRedbirds wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:21 pm Biden hasn't even been president for one day and already he's a joke of a president.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden- ... rls-sports
He's been a joke for 47 years.
sshoopster
Silver Poster (250 posts)

Post by sshoopster »

Have the forum guidelines about staying on the topics listed at the top of the index page been rescinded? Possibly the moderators who are frequent viewers and posters on these forums can provide some insight.

Just asking…
tombs14
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tombs14 »

sshoopster wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:18 pm Have the forum guidelines about staying on the topics listed at the top of the index page been rescinded? Possibly the moderators who are frequent viewers and posters on these forums can provide some insight.

Just asking…
Looking to limit freedom of speech? Are you not able to draw a parallel to the topic / links at hand being related to High School Sports (The forum you're currently in)
sshoopster

Post by sshoopster »

tombs14 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:35 pm
sshoopster wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:18 pm Have the forum guidelines about staying on the topics listed at the top of the index page been rescinded? Possibly the moderators who are frequent viewers and posters on these forums can provide some insight.

Just asking…
Looking to limit freedom of speech? Are you not able to draw a parallel to the topic / links at hand being related to High School Sports (The forum you're currently in)
I should have expressed myself more succinctly.
On topic: presentation and discussion strictly on an issue.
Off topic: name-calling of an individual you disagree with.

Nothing further.
illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

Unity!

:jokerc
Well I heard Mister Young sing about her
Well I heard ol' Neil put her down
Well I hope Neil Young will remember
A southern man don't need him around anyhow
tombs14
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tombs14 »

sshoopster wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:51 am

Just asking…

Nothing further.
viewtopic.php?f=103&t=93753
Stay on the topic of the discussion, and do not make the discussion about other posters. When things get personal, that is when we have moderating problems.
Which fellow poster is the fraud? 8 )
Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 »

Just asking…

Nothing further.
Considering what the mods have allowed to be posted on here for the better part of the last 10 or so months, I can totally get where you're coming from on this.
Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan »

It is idiocy to allow genetic and mostly biological males to compete in female sports. Removing testicles and other male sex organs doesn't make one female. There are a whole boat load of physiological differences that give genetic males an advantage in sports and even taking hormones isn't enough to level the playing field.

As an example, the world record women's mile is 4:12, this time won't win many male high school state championships. Kipchoge averaged 4:34/4:35 for 26.2 consecutive miles to run a sub 2 hr marathon to put 4:12 for a single mile in context. Basketball, 8th and 9th grade boys can dunk consistently with authority while many of the top female basketball players in the world cannot or barely can.

Allowing genetic boys to compete against girls will drive girls from sports. Think this a stretch, not in Connecticut.

https://www.gametimect.com/jeff-jacobs- ... der-issue/

Allowed to compete as a girl in outdoor track despite competing as a boy the same indoor track season and going through 0 hormonal or other treatments.
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32
real fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by real fan »

Redbird CC Fan wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:32 am It is idiocy to allow genetic and mostly biological males to compete in female sports. Removing testicles and other male sex organs doesn't make one female. There are a whole boat load of physiological differences that give genetic males an advantage in sports and even taking hormones isn't enough to level the playing field.

As an example, the world record women's mile is 4:12, this time won't win many male high school state championships. Kipchoge averaged 4:34/4:35 for 26.2 consecutive miles to run a sub 2 hr marathon to put 4:12 for a single mile in context. Basketball, 8th and 9th grade boys can dunk consistently with authority while many of the top female basketball players in the world cannot or barely can.

Allowing genetic boys to compete against girls will drive girls from sports. Think this a stretch, not in Connecticut.

Allowed to compete as a girl in outdoor track despite competing as a boy the same indoor track season and going through 0 hormonal or other treatments.
Agree, biological males should never be able to compete against females in sports period , just because you can change genders does not mean you can change everything else as the body pretty much stays the same.
tombs14
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tombs14 »

real fan wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:15 pm
Redbird CC Fan wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:32 am It is idiocy to allow genetic and mostly biological males to compete in female sports. Removing testicles and other male sex organs doesn't make one female. There are a whole boat load of physiological differences that give genetic males an advantage in sports and even taking hormones isn't enough to level the playing field.

Agree, biological males should never be able to compete against females in sports period , just because you can change genders does not mean you can change everything else as the body pretty much stays the same.
It always astonishes me that Liberals use Science to always fall back on justifying something they're politicking for, but in this case, they're so blinded by politics they can't see that Science doesn't give two craps how they feel about biological and gender traits.
illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

Bluejaygrad03 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:14 pm

Nothing further.
Considering what the mods have allowed to be posted on here for the better part of the last 10 or so months, I can totally get where you're coming from on this.
Covid has led the world (and forum) to be much more liberal in interpretation and enforcement of rules.
Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 »

illini25 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:51 pm

Nothing further.
Covid has led the world (and forum) to be much more liberal in interpretation and enforcement of rules.
Before all this happened, some of the stuff that's been on here wouldn't have ever gotten through. Kinda wish things on here would go back to that way sometimes.
illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

Bluejaygrad03 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:15 pm
illini25 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:51 pm

Before all this happened, some of the stuff that's been on here wouldn't have ever gotten through. Kinda wish things on here would go back to that way sometimes.
I don’t know about going back.
My all time favorite thread was the now deleted pandemic thread from last spring/early summer.

Although I do wish we could go back in time and have the virus contained in wuhan.
Roamin' Catholic
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by Roamin' Catholic »

tombs14 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:36 pm

It always astonishes me that Liberals use Science to always fall back on justifying something they're politicking for, but in this case, they're so blinded by politics they can't see that Science doesn't give two craps how they feel about biological and gender traits.
My my, I've been away so long... Sounding a lot like IHSS over here :pig

I didn't vote for your pirate ship cult captain, and I don't believe boys/men should compete in girls/female athletics. You're an aggressive lumper... I believe in science. I believe in proving theories to keep the asinine from ruling the planet. Now go grab your cognitive skills test so we can make sure you passed...

"Freedom" as dictated by our previous four-year administration absolutely should include the right to identify as you wish in this country. If you're allowed to tote around your binky... sorry, your gun... everywhere, then how does gender identification impact anyone other than those who choose to do so? Your gun can kill, writing "pangender" on a form or piece of paper cannot. So who's using convenient "politicking" tactics in this case? Or, is it what most assume... simple, lingering, unrelenting hate and prejudice towards any and all who think differently than yourself?

Question... as a "proud" member of the shoulder parrot party, not to be confused with the Republican party, do your morale values align with the (modern: extremist) hard stances of the MAGA movement? It's one thing to dislike someone for what they tell you they are, it's another kind of sickened individual who hates with his eyes alone. Surely someone can find the time to pray for you.
Less is more
tombs14
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tombs14 »

Roamin' Catholic wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:04 pm
tombs14 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:36 pm

My my, I've been away so long... Sounding a lot like IHSS over here :pig

I didn't vote for your pirate ship cult captain, and I don't believe boys/men should compete in girls/female athletics. You're an aggressive lumper... I believe in science. I believe in proving theories to keep the asinine from ruling the planet. Now go grab your cognitive skills test so we can make sure you passed...

"Freedom" as dictated by our previous four-year administration absolutely should include the right to identify as you wish in this country. If you're allowed to tote around your binky... sorry, your gun... everywhere, then how does gender identification impact anyone other than those who choose to do so? Your gun can kill, writing "pangender" on a form or piece of paper cannot. So who's using convenient "politicking" tactics in this case? Or, is it what most assume... simple, lingering, unrelenting hate and prejudice towards any and all who think differently than yourself?

Question... as a "proud" member of the shoulder parrot party, not to be confused with the Republican party, do your morale values align with the (modern: extremist) hard stances of the MAGA movement? It's one thing to dislike someone for what they tell you they are, it's another kind of sickened individual who hates with his eyes alone. Surely someone can find the time to pray for you.

"You're an aggressive lumper" as you continue to do just that. Must have hit a personal nerve as you could only retort with personal / political attacks rather than biological science.
Roamin' Catholic
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by Roamin' Catholic »

tombs14 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:09 pm

"You're an aggressive lumper" as you continue to do just that. Must have hit a personal nerve as you could only retort with personal / political attacks rather than biological science.
About as personal of a nerve as any *** could making sports political. But your "fanbase" did a fine job of that this season when you were told sports were off the table. Kids are still at home playing video games during the day, but they can play ball at night. We're a competent society, I guess...
Less is more
Youngblood
Postaholic (100 posts)
Postaholic (100 posts)

Post by Youngblood »

tombs14 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:30 pm

Nothing further.
viewtopic.php?f=103&t=93753
Stay on the topic of the discussion, and do not make the discussion about other posters. When things get personal, that is when we have moderating problems.
Which fellow poster is the fraud? 8 )
SNOWFLAkE ALErT
EVERYONE IS WORNG BUT THE SNKWFLAKES
MetamoraRedbirds
Rookie (5 posts)
Rookie (5 posts)

Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan »

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/army-co ... s-1.662045

Ironic that the current commander in chief issued an edict that biological boys can compete against girls while leading a military that has clearly illustrated that isn't the case.
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32