For the civil discussion of college sports
squirrel
All Universe
All Universe

Re: TAS and Squirrel Re-Construct DI

Post by squirrel » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:28 pm

TheAsianSensation wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:57 pm
Although the WAC is doing a halfway decent job at trying to build around NMSU.

Summit looks like a solid regional conference...with the exception of WIU, who sort of stick out like a sore thumb now.
The more I think about it. . .the WAC might actually have an upper hand on the Big Sky now. . .they could probably very easily poach a Weber State, Southern Utah, Idaho, Northern Arizona, all of whom play football.

Grand Canyon doesn't show signs of adding football anytime soon, but as part of their DI move, they built 10 brand new facilities in a two-year window at a price tag of $1B.

And the Big Sky could be a reasonable home for Augustana. The question is would the Big Sky take a flyer with a non-football Seattle?
"[. . .] and it would be foolish to gobble up sliders when there’s a steak hidden in the fridge." -Kirk Wessler

TheAsianSensation
All Universe
All Universe

Post by TheAsianSensation » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:36 am

squirrel wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:04 pm
TheAsianSensation wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:57 pm
Although the WAC is doing a halfway decent job at trying to build around NMSU.

Summit looks like a solid regional conference...with the exception of WIU, who sort of stick out like a sore thumb now.
If I'm Denver, I'd make the move to the WAC, but probably worth monitoring for stability and strength first.

NMSU, Grand Canyon, and Utah Valley are decent on the hoops side, with considerable growth potential, which is really what you want. Cal Baptist made a solid first impression. The WAC is also probably trying to do whatever they can to shake the Cougars out of the league. :lol:
I'm still not sure anyone should move to the WAC other than call-ups. Still unstable, and still think everyone's goal is to graduate from that conference into something better. Although I suppose if NMSU leaves (and Chicago St folds), then everyone else left might like their bedmates and stay put and they can become a real conference.

I doubt anyone leaves the Big Sky for them, though. Football is probably king for all Big Sky schools, and the WAC ain't giving anyone anything on that front.
That's enough, Reggie Miller.

That's enough, Chris Webber.

http://bracketball.blogspot.com/

MissouriValleyUnite
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by MissouriValleyUnite » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:39 am

Denver is driven by academic snobbery. They will not move to WAC as long as GCU is in it.