tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

Re: Gundy

Post by tribecalledquest »

deejay wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:36 pm
No guts Gundy, just like Drew Brees.
He chose his job and seven figure salary over standing with a racist news organization. Seems like the smart play.
"When the speech condemns a free press, you are hearing the words of a tyrant."
~Thomas Jefferson

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay »

And everyone who knows me that is not the case. In today’s world you have to watch what you wear, you can’t support your flag, for fear of retaliation. Just what is next. I put on a simple white shirt today that has the logo and symbol for Hurley on it. I actually went in the internet and looked Hurley up before putting it on in fear it could offend someone. That is what this society has become. Fear of everything.
go cubs go!

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

deejay wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:41 am
And everyone who knows me that is not the case. In today’s world you have to watch what you wear, you can’t support your flag, for fear of retaliation. Just what is next. I put on a simple white shirt today that has the logo and symbol for Hurley on it. I actually went in the internet and looked Hurley up before putting it on in fear it could offend someone. That is what this society has become. Fear of everything.
I know you (and family) have been ultra supportive of veterans. I know you’ve been giving of time, money and support over many years to a group of students you didn’t have to support.

Wear what you want. Those who judge us by our actions will know the value of the person being judged. In fact, those people won’t make judgment and will accept you as a human being with commendable qualities as well as faults.

Happy Independence Day. Happy Veterans Day (in advance). Happy day, my friend.
Get a shot of rhythm and blues
With just a little rock and roll on the side

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

deejay wrote:
When have you ever worn a shirt with a flag on it and gotten retaliated against? You are making humongous leaps here and creating ridiculous examples that aren’t at all remotely close to happening. You are making yourself a victim.

As it relates to Gundy - did you listen to the why his players were upset with him or does their side of things not matter?

Instead of saying Gundy and Brees caved you could look at it as two open minded guys listening to other people, understanding where they are coming from and adjusting based on new information and empathy.
~Thomas Jefferson

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

tribecalledquest wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:36 am
deejay wrote:
When have you ever worn a shirt with a flag on it and gotten retaliated against? You are making humongous leaps here and creating ridiculous examples that aren’t at all remotely close to happening. You are making yourself a victim.

As it relates to Gundy - did you listen to the why his players were upset with him or does their side of things not matter?

Instead of saying Gundy and Brees caved you could look at it as two open minded guys listening to other people, understanding where they are coming from and adjusting based on new information and empathy.
Not speaking for deejay but I’ve been called racist more than once simply for saying “... on Greg Gutfeld show ...”

Many, many people can watch a program or a network and make informed opinions for themselves. Other people are afraid of free will, free speech and gathering any information that deviates from their opinion.

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

illini25 wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:07 am
tribecalledquest wrote:
deejay wrote:

Not speaking for deejay but I’ve been called racist more than once simply for saying “... on Greg Gutfeld show ...”

Many, many people can watch a program or a network and make informed opinions for themselves. Other people are afraid of free will, free speech and gathering any information that deviates from their opinion.
I have never heard of Greg Gutfeld.

But no one is getting retaliated against for wearing a shirt with a flag on it. That’s a ridiculous stretch.

And I agree with your last paragraph. But the assumption is that Gundy was “right” and the football players were “wrong”. To me that and the Brees thing happened the right way.

One person says something. Someone close to that person has an issue with it. Those people get together and talk it through and actually LISTEN to one another. Isn’t that how it should be?
~Thomas Jefferson

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

tribecalledquest wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:13 am
illini25 wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:

But no one is getting retaliated against for wearing a shirt with a flag on it. That’s a ridiculous stretch.

And I agree with your last paragraph. But the assumption is that Gundy was “right” and the football players were “wrong”. To me that and the Brees thing happened the right way.

One person says something. Someone close to that person has an issue with it. Those people get together and talk it through and actually LISTEN to one another. Isn’t that how it should be?
I agree with you.
I’m just saying what deejay says as well is happening. I seriously had someone tell me “I’m gonna get you fired” because I said Garrett Rolfe was justified for defending himself. They pulled out their cell phone and said “Say that on video.”

Not starting a Rolfe debate, just showing how insane many people are right now.

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

illini25 wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:22 am
tribecalledquest wrote:
illini25 wrote:

I agree with you.
I’m just saying what deejay says as well is happening. I seriously had someone tell me “I’m gonna get you fired” because I said Garrett Rolfe was justified for defending himself. They pulled out their cell phone and said “Say that on video.”

I don’t know if people are more insane - we just see it more because everyone’s phone is a **** camera. Which like many things has been good at times and awful other times.
~Thomas Jefferson

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

tribecalledquest wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:29 am
illini25 wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:22 am
tribecalledquest wrote:

I agree with you.

I don’t know if people are more insane - we just see it more because everyone’s phone is a **** camera. Which like many things has been good at times and awful other times.
Great point.

illini25
All Universe
All Universe

Post by illini25 »

One’s opinion of guilt or innocence is just an opinion.
Was Charlie Manson guilty?
Was OJ guilty?

On and on.

Is that justification for broad generalized labels and employment termination?

It’s also funny that the “terminator” admitted to watching only 8 seconds of slow motion video footage and wouldn’t discuss facts of the over 1 1/2 hours of body cam, dash cam and security video I watched.

You’re right we have a cell phone society who lives and dies by 5 second snippets.

MissouriValleyUnite
Gold Poster (500 posts)
Gold Poster (500 posts)

Post by MissouriValleyUnite »

illini25 wrote:
I believe it. You have people equating celebrating 4th of July with white supremacy.

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:06 pm
illini25 wrote:
I believe it. You have people equating celebrating 4th of July with white supremacy.

I love random outlier guy.
~Thomas Jefferson

tombs14
All Universe
All Universe

Post by tombs14 »

MissouriValleyUnite wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:06 pm
illini25 wrote:

I love the hyperbole of all white people and the racist You vs We talk. Talk about a chhode.

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

GoBirdsGo II wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:40 am
Kaepernick is a raging P.O.S.

Trump is President, 4th of July is all about white supremacy. But, oddly, in 2011 when Obama was President apparently the 4th of July was ok.

Colin Kaepernick
@Kaepernick7
· Jul 4, 2011
Happy 4th of july everyone I hope everyone has a blessed day

Can we please tie Jemele and Kaepernick to the same truck bumper and drag them around town until there's nothing left????
Sit this out man. It’s a bad look for you.
~Thomas Jefferson

Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 »

tribecalledquest wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:50 am
GoBirdsGo II wrote:

Trump is President, 4th of July is all about white supremacy. But, oddly, in 2011 when Obama was President apparently the 4th of July was ok.

Colin Kaepernick
@Kaepernick7
· Jul 4, 2011
Happy 4th of july everyone I hope everyone has a blessed day

Can we please tie Jemele and Kaepernick to the same truck bumper and drag them around town until there's nothing left????
I mean, yeah. This is just really bad.

Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan »

It is ironic that Gundy wearing an OAN shirt was front page on ESPN for several days, while DeSean Jackson's anti-Semitic rant is barely mentioned. Gundy never said anything negative about anyone and received major backlash including calls for him to be fired. Meanwhile, there any isn't any serious talk of any punishment for Jackson posting his garbage while part of a league and organization with several Jewish executives and owners.

Hill is a racist, and Kapernick is misinformed on many topics. I don't wish either if them ill, but I will point out their hypocrisy when appropriate.
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

Redbird CC Fan wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:45 pm
It is ironic that Gundy wearing an OAN shirt was front page on ESPN for several days, while DeSean Jackson's anti-Semitic rant is barely mentioned. Gundy never said anything negative about anyone and received major backlash including calls for him to be fired. Meanwhile, there any isn't any serious talk of any punishment for Jackson posting his garbage while part of a league and organization with several Jewish executives and owners.

Hill is a racist, and Kapernick is misinformed on many topics. I don't wish either if them ill, but I will point out their hypocrisy when appropriate.
You need to find different news sources. I’ve seen all kinds of talk about Desean Jackson today.
~Thomas Jefferson

Bluejaygrad03
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Bluejaygrad03 »

Redbird CC Fan wrote:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/294 ... c-messages

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dese ... s-respond/

https://www.nfl.com/news/eagles-disappo ... itic-posts

Yep. Nobody's talking about this at all.

Redbird CC Fan
All Universe
All Universe

Post by Redbird CC Fan »

Bluejaygrad03 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:22 pm
Redbird CC Fan wrote:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/294 ... c-messages

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dese ... s-respond/

https://www.nfl.com/news/eagles-disappo ... itic-posts

Yep. Nobody's talking about this at all.
I didn't say no one was talking about it. I just stated the tone and coverage levels were different. Your ESPN link isn't front page. On ESPN, you had to go to NFL subpage or scroll down a bit on main page to find a single story. Also, let's see how long it is on ESPN at all. Gundy was on the ESPN front page for several straight days with various stories about player reactions, etc.

Also, your CBS story is directly titled with Jackson saying his posts were "taken the wrong way" after the Eagles commented. Not really the same type of story.
"Become vengeance, Redbird CC. Become wrath." -John Doe (Se7en, 1995) :SHOW32

jim beam
All Universe
All Universe

Post by jim beam »

Bluejaygrad03 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:09 pm
tribecalledquest wrote:
GoBirdsGo II wrote:

Yes, only the woke can post here.
Thanks J.J. for what I consider sound advice!

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

jim beam wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:45 am
Bluejaygrad03 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:09 pm
tribecalledquest wrote:

Yes, only the woke can post here.
Has nothing to do about being “woke”. A post about killing two people by dragging them behind a truck shouldn’t be tolerated. I really don’t think that makes someone “woke” to dislike that kind of crap.
~Thomas Jefferson

jim beam
All Universe
All Universe

Post by jim beam »

I wasnt talking about the content of the post in question. Im just saying while that is true, it doesn't diminish anyone's right to say it nor should anyone tell them to sit a discussion out. If Gbg wants to reveal his convictions within the guidelines of the boards, he can. Which is a good reminder to everyone. Might be a good time for everyone to review the guidelines of the boards. They have been stretched pretty far since March.
Thanks J.J. for what I consider sound advice!

tribecalledquest
All Universe
All Universe

jim beam wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:18 am
I wasnt talking about the content of the post in question. Im just saying while that is true, it doesn't diminish anyone's right to say it nor should anyone tell them to sit a discussion out. If Gbg wants to reveal his convictions within the guidelines of the boards, he can. Which is a good reminder to everyone. Might be a good time for everyone to review the guidelines of the boards. They have been stretched pretty far since March.
Sit this one out is just a phrase used. And I was referencing the content of the post. If someone says something like that I will call them out.
Last edited by tribecalledquest on Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Thomas Jefferson