Kyler Murrary enters NFL draft

For the civil discussion of college sports
deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Kyler Murrary enters NFL draft

Post by deejay » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:24 pm

Will be become a 1st round quarterback? At 5’9” the NFL has not had a quarterback this short since Doug Flute. After winning the Heisman I understand his desire to play football and there will be some team willing to draft him. But IMO baseball is a much safer non contact sport, and I would have just taken the $3 million and ran!
go cubs go!

tombs14
All World
All World

Re: Kyler Murrary enters NFL draft

Post by tombs14 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:44 pm

deejay wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:24 pm
Will be become a 1st round quarterback? At 5’9” the NFL has not had a quarterback this short since Doug Flute. After winning the Heisman I understand his desire to play football and there will be some team willing to draft him. But IMO baseball is a much safer non contact sport, and I would have just taken the $3 million and ran!
I used to agree - but from what I've heard, he's bound to make much more just on his guaranteed NFL rookie contract; if he goes in the first round.

Baseball, on the other hand, there is no guarantee he ever makes an MLB roster.

deejay
All Universe
All Universe

Post by deejay » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:26 pm

By walking away it was the $3 million guaranteed money I was talking about. You are right however, the instant money comes that from the NFL contract will surpass the MLB in years. If he has a great combine some team just might grab him early.
go cubs go!

tombs14
All World
All World

Post by tombs14 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:29 pm

deejay wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:26 pm
By walking away it was the $3 million guaranteed money I was talking about. You are right however, the instant money comes that from the NFL contract will surpass the MLB in years. If he has a great combine some team just might grab him early.
My misunderstanding. It's a gamble for all organizations, MLB and NFL wise, who are interested in him.